STERLING BANK AND (trust)

blackdaddy29

Hello everyone. I recently received a letter from STERLING BANK and TRUST <-----(did I write TRUST?)... anyhow, the letter stated that before they could investigate my claim as account not mine, they would need a PRINTED DISPUTED LETTER (not from a computer, typewriter, or email) with my name signed and printed twice, a copy of my driver's license, social security card, home address, place of employment in 04/98, and my mother's maiden name. The letter went on to state that this information is needed because the credit card from them was a secured credit card which required a deposit in a savings account to obtain. Signed A Collection SUPERVISOR.

What would be my next course of action? Should I simply wait 30 days to file suit for them not supplying me with the validation I requested in the first letter and then sue them? Or should I send all of that sensitive information to them in hopes that they won't locate a "SIGNED" aPplication?

I never sign my letters because of the fear that these folks will actually "forge" my name to one of their apps. IT has happened before!

If anyone has the "solution" to this problem please contact me immediately. By the way, I did put these knuckleheads on my bankruptcy matrix and they are still showing the account in Collections and not IIB.

Thanks anyone...

Leon Blackdaddy29 :evil:

Unfortunately Sterling Bank is the OC and they are not required to validate the debt. As for the information they are requesting, do NOT send them anything. If they cannot pull up the file with your name, ssn# and address then it is their problem. Hopefully you will get lucky and the account will just get deleted from the cra's. It isn't your job to verify all of that info for the OC or a CA. Just wait out the time and see what happens, you might get lucky.

paw67

I felt something was fishy about Sterling sending me a letter like that. Apparently Sterling Bank had given me a secured credit card with a $300 limit (same amount I supposedly had sent with the application.) However, because of thier fees and charges, the amount reached $1100.00! :x . Is this even possible? Could a OC continue to charge you for over the limit and late fees for a secured card year after year? In any case, I couldn't imagine myself sending Sterling Bank all of my personal information as they requested (including my mother's maiden name). It just doesn't feel right. I am beginning to belive that this OC want's me to send them this information to allow them to "FIND" a signed agreement with them.

Any Suggestions? :idea:

I felt something was fishy about Sterling sending me a letter like that. Apparently Sterling Bank had given me a secured credit card with a $300 limit (same amount I supposedly had sent with the application.) However, because of thier fees and charges, the amount reached $1100.00! :x . Is this even possible? Could a OC continue to charge you for over the limit and late fees for a secured card year after year? In any case, I couldn't imagine myself sending Sterling Bank all of my personal information as they requested (including my mother's maiden name). It just doesn't feel right. I am beginning to belive that this OC want's me to send them this information to allow them to "FIND" a signed agreement with them.

Any Suggestions? :idea:

Bingo. You're learning the game. With one exception, signatures**, you never send them info. You respond back by pointing out that if they don't have the info, then it's obvious they don't have the documentation to back up their claim.

**You have to sign your dispute letters or they are not valid servance of documents. I use red, glitter gel pens that you can get at any office supply store. The ink is damn near impossible to photocopy or scan and the glitter in the ink means they can't claim it was not signed by hand.