credit repair

pantera

any help would be appreciated i am try to improve my credit score i have several collection acconts on my report does it mater what i try to get off first 9 medical colletions 1 credit card 2 loans 1 repo i plan on paying these off if they will agree to remove them from my credit report i would like to try with what would help me the most first or does it make a difference

I'm not an expert here but I would suggest disputing everything first.....I would first try disputing as 'not mine'. I've had very good luck with that and have totally cleaned up TransUnion just by disputing (and in a matter of only 3 months). I've had gotten deletions from Experian and Equifax also but they seem a little 'tougher' to work with than TransUnion (in my experience).

i've got the same problem with med collections. as taught here on this site, i first dv'd the collection agency, then disputed the account with each of the credit reporting agencies(all by cmrrr, of course). you can find sample letters at the top of the page. as for mine, i'm still waiting for most of the replies, but have one paid collection removed so far.

if the dv and dispute route doesn't work, then negotiate a "deletion for payment " settlement. IN WRITING. jmho

have you removed all old addresses, name misspellings, incorrect ss#'s, old phone #s? any personal info that is not current and correct should be removed 1st. even if you USED to live at the addresses listed you should have them disputed as "never lived there".

Everyone's got there own method, but get rid of the old addys and names FIRST! THat might get rid of a few tradelines without even disputing.

After that it's up to you. Some say go for the easiest tradeline first, others say go for the oldest.

Just remember, you're score will probably go down even as tradelines disappear. Don't panic! Your BIGGEST score increase will occur when the last derog comes off. That's what happened to me and it still jumped 90+ points even with paid/released tax liens remaining on the report.

Seems like the collection accounts, judgments, chargeoffs and BKs count the most.

Good luck and DON'T GIVE UP!