MBNA...I can't believe I'm asking this...........

ceowens

I am down to few easy "baddies" to remove, and think my clean-up is going to be over soon, except for 1 thing........an MBNA CO from 2002 in the amount of $4000. I have mentioned this in other threads, but to re-cap: All of my other badies are from divorce in 1997, so many of them were about to "fall off" anyway. But, when I quit paying MBNA in 1997 (no income) my ex hubby picked it up and started making the minimum payments because he somehow thought it was a joint account and he was trying to cover his a$$. In 2002 he realized it was only my account and stopped paying, didnt tell me, and MBNA charged it off. Everytime I dispute it comes back verified. They are the OC, so I can't DV them. I am stumped. They were a good TL, dating back to 1994 before things went wrong in 2002. They are also still within the SOL for 8 more months, so I want to tread lightly. There is currently no CA working on this. Has anyone had a good experience getting MBNA to :

1. Re-open the TL, make good the history, in exchange for resuming payments to the account? I hate to do it, because it is all exhubbys debt, but it is holding me back.

2. Pay for delete (which I think will hurt my score... even though it is a CO, it is an old account).

3. Any better suggestions here..............

I'm really discouraged about this one. No matter what else I do, all my other baddies will roll off by this time next year. But, I have a feeling this one will stick with me for a while if I dont do something about it. Advice?

I am down to few easy "baddies" to remove, and think my clean-up is going to be over soon, except for 1 thing........an MBNA CO from 2002 in the amount of $4000. I have mentioned this in other threads, but to re-cap: All of my other badies are from divorce in 1997, so many of them were about to "fall off" anyway. But, when I quit paying MBNA in 1997 (no income) my ex hubby picked it up and started making the minimum payments because he somehow thought it was a joint account and he was trying to cover his a$$. In 2002 he realized it was only my account and stopped paying, didnt tell me, and MBNA charged it off. Everytime I dispute it comes back verified. They are the OC, so I can't DV them. I am stumped. They were a good TL, dating back to 1994 before things went wrong in 2002. They are also still within the SOL for 8 more months, so I want to tread lightly. There is currently no CA working on this. Has anyone had a good experience getting MBNA to :

1. Re-open the TL, make good the history, in exchange for resuming payments to the account? I hate to do it, because it is all exhubbys debt, but it is holding me back.

2. Pay for delete (which I think will hurt my score... even though it is a CO, it is an old account).

3. Any better suggestions here..............

I'm really discouraged about this one. No matter what else I do, all my other baddies will roll off by this time next year. But, I have a feeling this one will stick with me for a while if I dont do something about it. Advice?

Before jumping in with both feet, you should read Johnson v. MBNA in the resource section, if you have not already done so. In short, MBNA is not known for their generosity.

You can send a documentation demand to MBNA for a full accounting of the payment history and tell them the reason is the account value is disputed due to the mucking up it got during the divorce. I'd do this after the SoL expires just to be safe. If it backfires, they still won't be able to collect. Maybe you'll get lucky at that point and get a letter saying they don't have all the records. (In my case a card issuer wasn't able to product more than 12 months worht of statements because their document retention policy involved destroying anything more than a year old)