Deleted inquiries

markrc

I just challenged some inquiries on my Equifax report, and they were removed. The other CRA's are tougher to work with. Anyway, I pulled my privacyguard report, and after getting 14 inquiries removed, my score has not changed on PrivacyGuard. Does anyone know how long it takes to have the new adjustments take effect?

Thanks, this forum rocks!!

Usually, as soon as the neg info is removed, the score will fluctuate. If you're just checking PG, though, I wouldn't worry about it. They might not factor in inqs as much as a real fico does.

If you've got the dough, you might want to check out myfico.com and see how much it moved. :)

I just challenged some inquiries on my Equifax report, and they were removed. The other CRA's are tougher to work with. Anyway, I pulled my privacyguard report, and after getting 14 inquiries removed, my score has not changed on PrivacyGuard. Does anyone know how long it takes to have the new adjustments take effect?

Thanks, this forum rocks!!

Inquiries affect your score most during the first six months they are there. After that the effect is minimal. If the inquiries you had removed were 6+ months old, that would explain why your score didn't move.