;)

anti-something

Sounds like a good plan to me!! I would hire me a good Texas lawyer and go get 'em! I'm amazed at what these people get over on the people who don't know their rights. Since I've joined this forum, I've been fuming! I was one of the ones who use to believe the credit bureau was always right and most people in business were doing things legit. Duhhhh!! I have really had my eyes opened wide! :speechless:

I may be right behind you on a few of mine if I don't get the results I'm after.:evil:

Good Luck and go get 'em! :twisted:

I went through similar with my old apartment...but I beat the snot outa the apartment management. I had a building inspector go through and he found 167 building code violations, ranging from broken tiles to substandard electricals. I sent the apartment manager a letter of "material non-compliance" and gave them 15 days to fix it all or the lease was terminated by default on their part. They fixed only 5 things in the time allotted. I even got my security deposit back 45 days later.

You may still be able to claim material non-compliance even this late in the game if you can remember anything that was a BC violation that they did not fix after you asked them to. There has to be something you asked them to fix that they blew you off on because I've never heard of a landlord fixing everything they were asked to.

well, the whole story is pretty complex, but it began with the apartment management warning me that someone had phoned a threat into their office that if i didnt pick up my doggys doo-doo i would be receiving a large pile of it on my front door. (just for interests sake i did pick up my dogs doo-doo) i thought it kinda strange, but didnt really think too hard on it, until the large pile of doo-doo got smeared all over my door. called the cops, they filed a criminal mischief complaint. i went to the office and demanded their phone records, they refused to give them to me. i threatened them that they had knowledge of a threat, the threat was acted out, and i wanted recourse. they were just snots about it.

i found out by my own recourse (i listened in on his phone conversation)that it was the guy living in the apartment behind me (the doggy doo-doo he was complaining about was actually mud from construction work they were doing in front of his apartment.) complained about him, they wouldnt do a thing. cops couldnt do anything coz it would be my word against his.

i put in notice to vacate, they convinced me to stay and sign a new lease coz this guy was moving out, which he did. then they put these 3 teenagers in the apartment above who just loved to listen to eminem at 2am really really loud. i called management, they said they would send them a lease violation. this situation went on for weeks, i would be running round my apartment at 2 or 3am banging on the ceiling with a broom til they turned their music down.

i complained, oh how i complained. both in personal trips to the office and every single time i got woken by these dorks i would call the office and leave messages "hi, its 2am, can you hear that? its the ppl upstairs again, do something about this" since i knew they listened to their messages after they passed on the threat.

at that point i was tired, no sleep, no one was doing anything so i called a moving van and left.

Did any of this get done in writing? Any formal written complaint to the management? If so, that is all you need to show they did not comply with the terms of the lease. If you did it all by phone, you may be stuck with it, but you can try bluffing the CA about the non-compliance on the leasing company's part.

Check the laws for where the apartment was, there may be some landlord-tennant ordinance you can use to beat them over the head with.

I went through similar with my old apartment...but I beat the snot outa the apartment management. I had a building inspector go through and he found 167 building code violations, ranging from broken tiles to substandard electricals. I sent the apartment manager a letter of "material non-compliance" and gave them 15 days to fix it all or the lease was terminated by default on their part. They fixed only 5 things in the time allotted. I even got my security deposit back 45 days later.

You may still be able to claim material non-compliance even this late in the game if you can remember anything that was a BC violation that they did not fix after you asked them to. There has to be something you asked them to fix that they blew you off on because I've never heard of a landlord fixing everything they were asked to.

Methuss! I love the way you approach things! I would sure hate to be the one in your crosshairs. XhelpX You have given me a new way to look at problems. Beat them over the head with the laws! Great approach!