Son of a......

javagirl78

....b**ch

I tried the goodwill route with a small credit card company that was charged off, however I ended up paying it off in full in Jan. I sent the goodwill letter via plantfeedback.com. Here's the response I got.... What now?

"Dear Ms. Foltz,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately we are unable to make an adjustment to the information

that has already been submitted. We provide information to the credit

bureau's to provide an accurate account of payment history, for other

institutions to use as a basis for approving and extending credit. Since

an error has not occurred in the reporting of information, we are unable

to remove the history.

We value our relationships with our long term customers, however, we

have an obligation to accurately report payment history.

Thank you for using Commerce Bank's Online Banking Service.

KJenkins/1075/M"

Since you just paid this bill off in January you might need to wait a little while longer to send another good will letter. In the mean time work on the other baddies on your report.

I know from experience I have sent several good will letters to creditors asking for - not removal of whole TL but just removal of the bad marks - but I waiting a year and half after paying the bill in full.

I am currently waiting to see if my good will letter for a paid charge off works - but it has been two years since I paid it off and almost a year since I have been paying in full every month for a new card they allowed me to be an authorized user on.

....b**ch

I tried the goodwill route with a small credit card company that was charged off, however I ended up paying it off in full in Jan. I sent the goodwill letter via plantfeedback.com. Here's the response I got.... What now?

"Dear Ms. Foltz,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately we are unable to make an adjustment to the information

that has already been submitted. We provide information to the credit

bureau's to provide an accurate account of payment history, for other

institutions to use as a basis for approving and extending credit. Since

an error has not occurred in the reporting of information, we are unable

to remove the history.

We value our relationships with our long term customers, however, we

have an obligation to accurately report payment history.

Thank you for using Commerce Bank's Online Banking Service.

KJenkins/1075/M"

I don't take much stock in goodwill letters as the above response from the creditor shows. Once they are paid, there is no leverage in the consumer's favor and no motivation on the furnisher's part. I consider goodwill letters to be the last resort when all other options have failed.

Good will letters have worked great for me and these are paid/closed accounts. One tradeline was a charge off and that tradeline has been removed, one was with a credit card account with 4 30 day late marks, another credit card with one 30 day late, and the last a credit card account with 3 30 day and 1 60 day late. All but the Charge off account remains on my credit report in the good account section.

Methuss, since you don't think much of good will letters maybe you could offer another suggestion on what javagirl78 could do.

Good will letters have worked great for me and these are paid/closed accounts. One tradeline was a charge off and that tradeline has been removed, one was with a credit card account with 4 30 day late marks, another credit card with one 30 day late, and the last a credit card account with 3 30 day and 1 60 day late. All but the Charge off account remains on my credit report in the good account section.

Methuss, since you don't think much of good will letters maybe you could offer another suggestion on what javagirl78 could do.

My tactic is to keep disputing with the CRAs until I get a positive response. Or, if I have some kind of evidence that a payment was made, but not posted on-time, I may use that to get the late removed. It's hard to say without looking at the whole picture.

Don't get me wrong, like I said, GW letters do have their place. I just don't like "going down on bended knee" to a creditor who could care two shakes about the situation.

I tried your road and disputed with the CRA's several times and got no where. Then I decided to sit down and write a letter stating why I was late and just ask if they could remove the neg's from my credit report.

It worked and I don't fell I had to go down on my knees for anything. It was much easier to write the credit card companies and get them to do what I wanted then to continue to write the CRA's and get no where. I started this process in Jan 2004 and went from 6-7 negs on my credit report with a really bad score. It is now April 2004 and on one report I have 3 negs and on the other two I have 2 negs. My scores are 680, 678.

Well they work for some and not others. (shrug) I've had no luck with them, but beating the CAs and OCs over the head with the FCRA has worked well for me and removed all but one negative creditor line. Prolly too much red-meat. :twisted:

My only PR is a BK from 7 years ago which I will try to get removed soon. It's old enough that the records are at the National archives now. I know this because I had to pay $35 to get a copy last year before buying a house. Since it's in such an hard to get place, the CRAs may not bother trying to look it up and just delete.

I honestly have had great success with the GW letter and the DV route. The GW letter worked for 3 our of the 4 I sent, so I can't complain too much. I was just wanting to know what to do now that the one won't budge. Try DVing again? ANy thoughts?

When you agreed to pay them did you ask that no negs be listed on your credit report?

I had a charged off on my credit report from a small local credit union - so small they don't even have voice mail - well when I found out the status of the account I paid it in full never thinking it could hurt my credit that bad. After I discovered how bad it was I wrote them a letter telling them at the time I agreed to pay this account off in full I made a verbal agreement with their rep. I would pay in full in exchange for them deleting this TL. Well the letter worked it's off my report. YEAH!!!!!

So maybe try rewording your letter - i don't know just a thought.