FCNB

cincityplayer

Anyone have any luck going after FCNB since they went belly up, I was considering going after my FCNB CO considering the above stated fact but it's still within SOL wise? or unwise? considering the situation of the OC?

FCNB doesn't happen to mean First Chicago National Bank does it?

Well if you dispute to the CRAs, how is it going to be verified if the OC is out of business? I think this stands a good chance of being removed. Even if the CRA says it is verified, you can send them a response that says "how?"

I had an account with FCNB that got charged off in 11/2002. I had moved in the fall of 2001 and only had a $150 balance, thought I had paid off and closed the account prior to the move (I however cannot find any record of the check being cashed, assuming that it never made it there). I never recieved any further statements from them at my new address. When I pulled a credit report this Feb. I discovered it reporting as charged off with $750 balance . I tried sending them several letters offering settlement for removal, I've got no response.

It was currently only being reported on EQ & TU. I sent a dispute letter to all 3 CRA's in March. EQ deleted it and TU verified it. My EQ listed it as FCNB Prin# and TU listed as FCNB Master Trust (assume this has something to do with their closing). Originally was listed on EX in Early 02 but my last few reports from them do not show it.

I sent out dispute letters once with relatively good results. I disputed everything at once. I had 3 paid collections & 1 charge off on EQ deleted, 3 paid collections & paid charge off on TU deleted, 1 paid collection on EX deleted. Just disputed as all "Not Mine."

Never even would have attempted disputing until I came across this board a few months ago. I learned the hard way. I just had my third charge off from a 95-96 spending spree fall off (young & dumb, all those pre-approved offers when your 19). Wish I would have known about this board along time ago instead of waiting it out. I now make extremely sure to never be late on any of my 9+ cards & loans.