? RE: DV & Dispute a Pd. Collection

chincheck

Here's a question:

I DV a paid collection, then dispute it with the CRA's. I order a copy of my credit report in 15 days, and the entry's status is not listed as disputed.

Who's liable? The CA for not reporting the item as disputed, or the CRA for not changing the status to disputed?

The CA is required to immediately report the tradeline as disputed. Since they have not done so, they have violated the FCRA. Keep your records to show it.

The CRA has 30 days to investigate any dispute. If you call them or ask for a status on the investigation they can get an additional 15 day extension, so be patient.

The CA is required to immediately report the tradeline as disputed. Since they have not done so, they have violated the FCRA. Keep your records to show it.

The CRA has 30 days to investigate any dispute. If you call them or ask for a status on the investigation they can get an additional 15 day extension, so be patient.

Does buying a new credit report give them an additional 15 days? It seems as if that action is independent of anything to do with the investigation.

Thanks for the info!