Sign in to follow this  
Auntnana

Tiny chucnk out of EQ in court today

Had my scheduling conference with EQ today. First it started off with a compliment to me by them. Their rep and I were the only ones in the room and she asked if I was an attorney. No. In law school? Told her no and asked why. Said she'd never seen such a well prepared pleading by someone who wasn't in the field. Thank you to this board!! All the advice I got here helped me plan it all out.

Clerk came in and we were talking all nicey nice when I said all doe-eyed and innocently "By the way, I sent you my consent to a Magistrate but I never received your answer and I couldn't find where you had filed with the court either. I know the instructions that the court sent with it says it had to be submitted to the court a minimum of 10 days before this hearing. Just wondering what the deal is." :shock: (Blink, blink, sweet smile, blink, blink)

Followed by a very long silence on the part of EQ's atty, or actually their atty's assistant they sent. Then it was an all out mad shuffling of paperwok and frantic flipping through papers and a lot of "uh, uh, uh". She finally asked me if I was sure I sent it to the correct address because she didn't have a copy of it. So me being the all prepared Girl Scout whipped out a copy of the consent and a copy of the delivery confirmation receipt and printout of the details from the USPS website with the date and time. All the while still giving the innocent, blinking, doe-eyed look.

The court clerk holding the conference actually tried to suppress his smile but couldn't. He asked her if she needed to call her office for advice or needed a minute to recoup. She was really, really flustered! She called her office but couldn't get anyone. So she consented for them. Then the clerk told her he would have to ask the Magistrate's clerk if they had time for a conference. When he went to check I almost felt sorry for the other lady. Almost. If she apologized once she did it a hundred times. I know it had to be humiliating for her to be less prepared than a Pro Se rookie. Not my fault.

Needless to say after the meeting she wanted to know if I would consider settlement negotiations. Sure, why not. Her boss is supposed to be contacting me soon. She may have goofed because in both my cases against TU and EX neither one of them would consent to a Magistrate.

So one small step for the Pro Se rookie and the wonderful, helpful people on this board! Woohoo! :lol:

Outta Sight! I love it when a plan comes together. Maybe the CRAs will learn something from this, but I doubt it, they're too arrogant. What was the name of that movie with the guy running around screaming "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

Congrats Auntnana! Way to go! :)%

What was the name of that movie with the guy running around screaming "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

Network

AuntNana,

That is so awesome!! Xananthos and calawyer are going to be mighty proud of you!! (As am I!)

Kristy

*Sniffle*

*Sob*

*sniff*

...They grow up SO fast! It seems like only yesterday we were giving her her first civil warrant.

*wail*

*Sniffle*

*Sob*

*sniff*

...They grow up SO fast! It seems like only yesterday we were giving her her first civil warrant.

*wail*

ROFL!

So one small step for the Pro Se rookie and the wonderful, helpful people on this board! Woohoo! :lol:

You Rock, Nana. There is absolutely nothing worse for a young lawyer than to be shown up by a pro per. Hit them with a few interrogatories and doc requests. My guess is that they will settle. Then hang tough till you get exactly what you want.

I'm proud of you.

So one small step for the Pro Se rookie and the wonderful, helpful people on this board! Woohoo!

You are sooo an inspiration to everyone on the board...Congrats on handling the big bad CRA :lol:

*Sniffle*

*Sob*

*sniff*

*wail*

Another chickie out and on their own Daddy :lolsign::BigDance: