Sign in to follow this  
zerwas

Experian special handling department?

I wonder why I was placed in special handling? Was it because I filed with the better business bureau or is it because I sent them an intent to sue for FCRA violations (not providing procedural requests)? Will I have a better chance on having that department remove an incorrect entry that's on my report? Is this an advantage or disadvantage of having this department handling my credit profile?

It could be either of those reasons that got you in the special handling department.

It is a horrible detriment to your situation as they are a group that takes perverse glee in ignoring disputes and handing out frivilous responses.

Do our best to get out of that department, it makes your life with EX horrible while you are there.

This means you get "personal treatment" from now on....not some $7/hr trained monkey. It can be a blessing or a curse depending on if the tradeline you are disputing is really yours. Don't count on lazy-deletes any more for things you really owed. Each dispute will be scrutinized by a real investigator so false stuff (like CAs) will be easier to remove, but OCs with good records will pretty much stay on your CR.

Special services at experian is not a fun place to be. I have been in

it for about 2 years and cant get out. I have gotten deletions it is

just takes longer.

I have called to check on an account to see what their records show on when a certain againt was last disputed. The representative told me that this my account was not handled by them anymore and was being handled by the special services department.