Sign in to follow this  
dee042

pre-approved for capital one platinum

i have been trying to improve my credit rating for the last 8 months. Last year I could not even get a secured credit card. I have been aproved for several credit cards and an installment loan from my credit union which is now paid off. My Experian FICO is now 690. I received a pre-approved offer for a platinum credit card. I applied online. the next day I received a phone call from a representative asking about how long was I one my job and asking about my income. Two days later I called and the rep said "you were approved and you will receive your card in the mail within 7-10 business days. She did not tell me the credit limit. She then said "It is obvious that you have very good credit". After finding out about that approval, I applied for the Union Plus credit card and was instantly approved for 1,500! Can anyone tell me what are Capital One Platinum starting credit limits and APR? I have been viewing this board for about 2 months now, it is awesome.

Unfortunately, they can and do seem to start a lot of people with $300 or $500 limits. Alot will probably depend on your income and credit history.

paw67

i have been trying to improve my credit rating for the last 8 months. Last year I could not even get a secured credit card. I have been aproved for several credit cards and an installment loan from my credit union which is now paid off. My Experian FICO is now 690. I received a pre-approved offer for a platinum credit card. I applied online. the next day I received a phone call from a representative asking about how long was I one my job and asking about my income. Two days later I called and the rep said "you were approved and you will receive your card in the mail within 7-10 business days. She did not tell me the credit limit. She then said "It is obvious that you have very good credit". After finding out about that approval, I applied for the Union Plus credit card and was instantly approved for 1,500! Can anyone tell me what are Capital One Platinum starting credit limits and APR? I have been viewing this board for about 2 months now, it is awesome.

Crap 1 will do a hard inq on ALL 3 CR, and then probably start you at about $500 and 14.99 %. They are not known for thier generous limits. :roll:

I received the card in the mail two days ago. And it was supposed to be "Platinum" from Capital One. After activating the card I was told of my credit limit. You won't believe it! $200! I couldn't believe that's what they started me with. I checked my FICO experian- 701! I have no chargeoffs and I have other cards that started me with much higher limits. I had an installment loan with my credit union that is now paid, and I am carrying no debt. I am very dilligent with my credit and I pay on time and often I balances in full. Union Plus is by far the best. I recently applied with them and they gave me 1,500. They really are "score based".

It is sad but very true, they hand out tiny $200-$500 limits and somehow have drawn the conclusion that you the "new" customer won't leave them. Did you know it costs Cap1 about 100-150 dollars to process and approve ONE application? THey've spent the money, why not do something nice for the customer, like giving out competitive lines to encourage the customer to stay and use their card.

No one knows, but they clearly are out of touch with reality

________

extreme vaporizer

Edited by sjsharks

I got the $5000 limit for the cap 1 platinum card. It came with a $39 fee tho. I hardly used it, the rate was high 14.99 percent, and even their balance transfer offers were higher than others I received with chase, boa, etc. Plus they charged that 39.00 fee.

This year, I called them to kindly ask that my fee be waived. The "supervisor" explained to me that capital one charges an annual fee because they give so much away ( :lol: ) For instance (he said) their interest rates are lower than everyone else (yeah, right) and they don't charge for balance transfers, etc. I just happened to have their balance transfer checks with the 2% transfer fee and brought it to his attention. He made some lame excuse and offered to cut my fee in half - for this year only - for the privilege of having a capital one card.

I would have liked to tell him to shove it, but I "politely" told him to go ahead and close the account.

He said "ok" without any attempt to try and save me as a customer. I guess if all I spent with them was $39 a year, they didn't need to keep me around. I didn't have a balance (due to such a high interest rate that they never would lower) so it was probably cheaper for them to do away with me.

It's an account from 2001, and I would have kept it for age, but it offended my principles. They were good to me with the secured card, etc, but I think I gave them enough of my money while learning credit lessons.

Anyway, caveat emptor with Cap 1!