Credit report showing 120+days late for SL.

jane

Hello,

So my situation is this. Back about 6 years ago my student loans went into default status through no fault of mine. I tried to get them out of default and back into the deferred status they had been in. No deal. So I had to consolodate since it was ruining my credit having all these defaulted loans there. So I consolodated about 4 years ago and now it's showing paid as agreed/paying as agreed even though I'm in a agreement where I don't have to pay right now. So what i want to know is this. Can these lates stay on after 7 years if in fact, the reporting of the debt is still in the timeframe to report it.

Thank you,

Jane

Sorry for not being more clear. Ok, I had my student loans for several years then they went into default. Sally Mae lost faxed paperwork and never notified me. So I tried to get out of default. That was denied. I sort of ignored it for about a year but it was really messing my cr up so I decided to consolodate them all. So that's what I did and as of last month, when they reported I was in good standing which is good since it's my only positive, current TL. So my loans charged off to others. I want to know, even if the loan is still within the 7 years to report to CRB, if their are lates attached to the loan can I get the lates off if they are older than 7 yrs? Even if the loan stays on, can those 4 months come off?

Thank you,

Jane

From what I understand SM sold the bad debts off when you consolodated with another company. If this is the case, dispute the old SM accounts. They shouldn't have transfered the payment history to the new company - I would think.