Need help,CSC refused to investigate

stuckinok

I've been reading these boards all weekend, and was ready to go this morning. I called EQ, was told to call CSC, so I did using a number I got on this board. She said they would not investigate inqs, that I had to go throught the company. Is this correct, and do I have any other options such as writing them? I will the company but I thought I understand that they had to investigate. Thanks.

Sheri

Ok, I just tried to call TU and was directed to call CBA, in Buffalo NY. I called them and got a recording saying all requests for disputes had to be in writing. I know I read that people have had success with getting inqs deleted by calling TU and EQ, what am I doing wrong? I appreciate any advice.

Sheri

Ok, I just tried to call TU and was directed to call CBA, in Buffalo NY. I called them and got a recording saying all requests for disputes had to be in writing. I know I read that people have had success with getting inqs deleted by calling TU and EQ, what am I doing wrong? I appreciate any advice.

Sheri

Sheri, welcome to Oklahoma....land of CRA affiliates. I'm in Tulsa - quite used to the b.s. of both of those turd agencies.

With CSC, they will REFUSE to investigate inquiries. They say that it's because of a new FTC law, but that's a lie and just another reason to not do their jobs. I disputed the same inquiries with CSC 4 times before they went away. Apparently, my last letter was forwarded to their legal counsel and she deleted them. lol

Here's kinda how my final dispute went (the one that worked):

------------------------------------------------------------------

ABC company 2/2004....CDE company 2/2004.....XYZ company 2/2004...

I did not authorize these inquiries on my report. They have caused me to not receive credit, and I need them removed. CSC has said they are no longer investigating inquiries because of a new FTC law that passed, but I know for a fact this is a lie. I contacted the FTC and there is no such law. Please investigate and remove inquiries where the people had no permissible purpose.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

With CBA, I always either just write to TU (it will get there) or send disputes via online (transunion.com). I'm in the middle of disputing my first inquiries with them, so can't really tell you how that will go for sure. What I tried, and what a lot of folks have had luck with is sending dispute online and, along with a tradeline or two, adding a dispute for the inquiry. Like where it says 'account name' put the people who pulled the report....where it says 'account number' put the date they pulled....then click 'other' and type in 'this company had no permissible purpose to pull my personal credit file. Please delete the inquiry'.

Give it a shot. It might take longer than you want, but a little pushing seems to get the job done, especially with those two. CSC tends to ignore disputes and send 'we need your personal information before doing the investigation'....ignore all those letters....they'll either do the investigation or they'll take too long and you will have ammo to get the tradelines removed.

They're a pain in the butt, but tend to make enough mistakes that you can use against them in the future. LOL

GOOD LUCK!! :)