30 Day Lates....Will I Make It ? Fingers Crossed.

exxo2

I had like (7) 30 day lates on an account on my report. I disputed the account as NEVER LATE. I disputed it on April 30. As of yet, the credit bureau says they have not responded but that they have until this weekend to respond. So, I have my fingers crossed that they won't respond. You all think it'll happen ? I was thinking, if they haven't responded so far, and only have a few days left to respond, I may just make it. What do you all think ?

Also, let's say they don't respond, can the lates be re-inserted ? Or does that stay ? I don't understand how the creditor would know they changed it.

Please inform me.

BTW....this is the ONLY account on my Experian report and it's score is 617(FAKO). How much, if any, do you think those lates going away will help ?

Thanks in advance.

Also, let's say they don't respond, can the lates be re-inserted ? Or does that stay ? I don't understand how the creditor would know they changed it.

The creditor doesn't know that it's been changed on your report. If the creditor doesn't reply within 30 days, the CRA will have to delete it from your report....However, if the creditor does reply after that time period, it can be reinserted. BUT...the CRA is required, by law, to notify you within 5 days that the information has been reinserted.

BTW....this is the ONLY account on my Experian report and it's score is 617(FAKO). How much, if any, do you think those lates going away will help ?

Here's the real problem. There is a likelyhood that if the creditor doesn't reply, the entire tradeline might be deleted from your report (not just the late payments). So, your score could drop to zero. I hope, for your sake, that they just correct the lates.

Good luck to you.