How to handle in house collection agency

r

I recently puled my report and noticed that a sprint account that once showed as a collection with encore is now showing as a collection account with the original creditor Sprint (which by the way was initially $75--wrong charges-- and now they claim i owe $324). Is is possible that its still with Encore and this is just how PG is showing . If it is back with sprint how do i go about getting it removed. I never owed the $75 to begin with!

Just because Sprint is reporting doesn't mean that it is not with a collection agency. Typically accounts are only with the first or seconc agency for 6 months, after that they get transfered to the next agency down the line. I had a Sprint PCS CO that I disputed about 6 months later when I started repairing my credit and it came off with the first round of disputes. Mine was paid however. I would suggest disputing and see what happens, you might get lucky.