1 yr progress report, advice for those frustratred

wranglertj

My Progress report after a little over a year.

Trans Union: 1/10/03

3 Judgments

22 Negatives

10 CA’s

12 OC’s

11 Positives

45 Hard inquiries in 1 yr.

Trans Union: now

O Judgments

2 Negatives

1 CA in dispute

1 OC (paid auto showing 30 day late)

12 Positive accounts.

29 Hard inquiries, 15 this year

CSC/EQ: 10/04/02

3 Judgements

14 Negatives

8 OC’s

6 CA’s

11 Positive

17 Hard inquiries 1 yr.

CSC/EQ: now

0 Judgments

1 Negative

CA reporting as In Dispute

7 Positive

8 inquiries, 3 this year

Experian: 3/2/03

3 Judgments

12 Negatives

7 OC’s

5 CA’s

3 Positives

16 Inquiries 1 yr

Experian now:

3 Judgments

6 Negatives

4 CA’s

2 OC’s (1 is paid off with a 30 day late)

6 Positives

11 Inquiries (2 this year)

Overall I think my progress has been pretty good. I know I could have done better. I did not do enough reading to begin with. Reading and learning is VERY important. When I started, it was dispute, dispute, dispute with the CRA’s while fighting the CA’s. Experian just started their process of limiting disputes, where they now request new information. I didn’t get a chance to see if a CA would mark an account with the CRA’s in dispute.

With TU and EQ I lost 11 positive accounts while disputing. I got them back on TU but EQ would not put them back.

First thing I did in the repair process was stop applying for credit. It was the hardest thing to do. How often did I want to apply for something? Every time a negative came off my report. I did need a new car late last summer, and applied for a loan…luckily the dealer pulled TU. My best at the time. He told me my score was 621, and I was approved for a $13,000 loan. WOW, I was amazed. I felt pretty good. But I still did not apply.

I have never checked my FICO scores…not once have I. I want to, I just don’t want to spend the money. Call me cheap.

I finally felt comfortable, thanks to a little push from TEE in chat to apply for the Household Trio. This was just about a month ago. I was approved for my first credit card, Union Plus, and then Corvette, GM turned me down, but a request for reconsideration 3 times through PFB finally Paid off and they gave me one. And I got a Target and AmEX Gold Rewards card shortly after, neither that I want to use.

I was pretty happy and applied for the DCU and they gave me approval for $1000 CC and a refinance on my auto loan from 14% now to 4.49% through them. She told me my score from EQ was 721, she said it was a high score for having a 14% APR with my auto loan. I’m waiting to hear from them now in regards to my app.

I know I probably should wait, but I do want to apply for a CC through PenFed and Lockheed. When the time comes I will, and maybe apply for AMEX Blue and MBNA, I don’t know.

My point is, it does work. Credit repair, that is. I have done things out of order, and hastily sometimes. Sometimes I caved when I shouldn’t have, and other times I pushed and won ($2000 out of court settlement on a CA that completely validated a $200 debt of mine). I have paid maybe what…$100-200 in postage at the most, over a year and a half!

Don’t get discouraged when everyone else is applying and getting approved for cards and you are really itching. Save the inquiry. Wait until you get that next round of disputes back and there is a delete, or that letter from a CA stating they are deleting an account. IS it hard? Yes, discouraging, yes. Sometimes you won’t win. Be patient and try a different approach. If one CRA is giving you a hard time, try an easier one for a bit. EX has kicked my a$$, so I have focused on the other 2 to help me rebuild. Then I’ll attack EX again.

Just don’t give up…it didn’t happen to you overnight and you can’t fix it overnight. Read and understand before you begin. Ask questions…and keep a positive attitude. Sometimes it’s actually fun!! Just my opinion

Great Job!

Another "BIO" to show just how the "Game" is played. Do not give up and keep up the good work. You have shown an amazing effort in getting your CR's to show good numbers, and proven it does work to repair your own credit. Ours was not the greatest when I started, but, as I posted before, we moved into the home we purchased last month.

And, most definitely, stop applying for credit. Stay with what you have and create some good TL's. Use the CC's you now have to accomplish this. Only charge a certain amount each month so you can pay in full each month to get those scores up. True, you may end up using one where you can only pay back part of the charge, but, try for an overall if possible.

Wranglertj,

Just wanted to say "thanks" for sharing that. As someone whose JUST at the beginning of credit repair I must say it's nice to see that repair can happen---with time of course! I feel a bit half a$$ed myself :roll: for the most part and I feel like I'm taking wild stabs in the dark, but it's wonderful to know you folks are here. :) And it's wonderful to know that we can and will get somewhere with this journey.

Thanks again!!!

Elyse

Thanks for the information. It is always good to hear a success story. I have been at it for a year and have seen positive results. I am not where I want to be yet but I am moving forward.

FICOs

08/15/03 05/15/04

TU 492 579

EQ 467 571

EX 449 549

experian is my torture

Trans Union: now

O Judgments

2 Negatives

1 CA in dispute

1 OC (paid auto showing 30 day late)

12 Positive accounts.

29 Hard inquiries, 15 this year

How did you get rid off the 30 day late? I have the same problem, with Target! I nean did you just call them?