can a sold acct be sold again?

vader

I was wondering: If an account is charged off by a credit card company and then is sold to a CA. CAn the acct be sold again to anothe company?

The specific situation is this:

OC is MBNA, they charged off the acct, then sold it to Midland. I'm currently in the middle of DVing Midland, but I found out they are not licensed in my state, so they will not be able to collect. So they will have to go away and be removed from my report. Now I'm wondering if another CA can buy the acct. or I guess Midland could sell it to someone else.

If you DV'd the CA and they couldn't/wouldn't validate, then no they cannot re-sell it. There is case-law that says a CA is misrepresenting the legal status of the debt (violating section 807(8 ) of the FDCPA) by selling it to another CA without informing the buyer that it is disputed and unvalidated.

I have an old cable account that was given to a CA..I dv'd, they didnt respond...sent a second dv giving them 15 days and about 1 week ago got an initial letter from another company now representing the account...how do I handle? Should I write them providing copies of everything letting them know they are in violation alone with the 1st ca??