Two CAs One account

nangirl6

Ok, I had a Cingular account that went unpaid and was in collections with one CA. A few months ago, I received a letter from another CA for this same cingular account. I was in process of paying first CA, but decided to contact Cingular to find out which CA to pay. I was told, by Cingular, that the second CA had account and so I paid second CA who was and presently is still not reporting to CRAs. My problem is, the first CA is still on EQ (only reporting here). I have disputed as not mine, but it came back verified. Do I deal directly with first CA telling them to delete or be sued?

Emailed top dog at company earlier today explaining situation. Received a response saying that it appears that Cingular withdrew the account and they are in process of removing their tl from my credit report. Said that it could take 2-4 weeks for CRAs to remove. That's a start, I will monitor report (only showing on EQ) to see if it is removed.