EXP Won't Investigate Until ID Proof is Provided

My SO pulled her EXP from creditexpert.com. She mailed a letter requesting that EX investigate several items, and they replied stating they are unable to do so because she needs to provide proof of ID.

Should we send proof of ID (utility bill, copy of SS card, copy of DL) or wait 30 days +5 and respond with a letter saying they have failed to reply -- please delete the items?

It smelled fishy as well to me. One side of me says that they are stalling and making her jump hoops. After all, she provided enough info on the website to pull her report, as well as $8.00!

The other side of me says if this goes to litigation, she may not be able to show due diligence on her part. They do show her current address as incorrect, and creditexpert.com's report does not have a report number on it -- you have to start the online dispute process, which she couldn't do because they couldn't verify ID. :roll: