Frivolous?

Gosh, now I'm worried--I disputed 4 items with Experian and I'm worried they're going to try to say they're "frivolous." LOL--what's their opinion of "frivolous" does anyone know? Is it just whoever happens to get a hair up their nose or what? :roll: Are there guidelines to what constitutes a "fair" dispute? I checked the status of my disputes and it says they're "pending." We'll see I guess. Any thoughts?

Elyse

Mmm...yes, how dare us lowly of the lows want to raise our FICOs much less correct outdated or inaccurate information on our CR's! :lol:

On the plus side, I'm thinking my disputes may NOT raise my score, but they'll show correct/accurate info that way when I do finally get up the nerve to apply for one the CC's mentioned as being ok (on cc board) I may have a better chance and get a better deal! (I try to look on the bright side as much as I can--it's too easy to be negative, lol!)

The way I checked my status was I went to the front page www.experian.com and I clicked on the link to check status which is on the left hand side of that first page.

Thanks for the information and for answering my post!

Elyse

Hey folks. TU did the "frivolous" thing on one of my DH's disputed tradelines. We disputed the same incorrect information twice. When we got the results of the first dispute, which showed "information verified", I immediately ripped off a reply saying "whaddya mean, verified, all of the information for that TL is incorrect!" Then the second reply came back "previously verified... now considered frivolous...refuse to reinvestigate without documentation from the creditor." I learned that when you get a reply that isn't what you expected, wait about a month before you send your second letter. Mainly, it gives you a chance to get over being pissed and you can compose a calm but firm letter. Plus, IMHO, if you redispute too soon, then it seems to just irratate the dragons. Also, if a TL has more than one aspect that is incorrect (status+dola+amount), if you only dispute one aspect at a time, when you have to redispute, you can use a different reason for dispute.

I think you are right, Trop. Patience is a virtue here. As is taking little bites. I find the dispute form at privacyguard to be useful because it practically forces you to dispute one item at a time.

I also think TU is quick to see an advantage in the new FCRA obligations for OC's. Since you can dispute directly with the creditor now, TU can clean off it's desk and buy time by sending you to the source. Another thrick we have to learn to deal with.

"I also think TU is quick to see an advantage in the new FCRA obligations for OC's. Since you can dispute directly with the creditor now, TU can clean off it's desk and buy time by sending you to the source. Another thrick we have to learn to deal with."

I'm not familiar with disputing direct with the OC. Is this something new? Also, does this apply to medical bills and disputing with the Dr. direct?

• 2 weeks later...