Lee5

removing inquiries

I attempted to re-finance my vehicle, but was told the vehicle had too many miles. The company did a credit check , but if its an inquiry without an account number how shall I dispute the inquiry?

Copied from another thread:

EQ Technique

Call them up (888 873-5357) and tell them that you don't recognize the inquiries and that you never authorized them. That's it. They will tell you that they'll put in dispute for 21-30 days but in reality they take it off in a few days. THAT'S IT FOLKS!!!

EX Technique

Call them up (800 583-4080) and ask for their fraud department, tell them you have inquiries that you did not authorize and that you don't recognize. They WILL put them under investigation for 30 days and then delete them. Not one that my girlfriend & me dispute (over 20) have ever been verified.

They may ask you if you want to put a fraud alert on your account. You can do that if you like. To cancel it at any time you just call them back up and tell them to cancel it and they will cancel it within 7 days.

It may help if you put a fraud alert first then 2 days later make the call. Adds validity to your claims.

THAT'S IT FOLKS!!

TU Technique (I've heard about)

1) Threaten to sue after following up with letters sent CRRR.

2) Sob stories (my girlfriend got all hers off with this technique)

3) Bumpage

I took Morrows advice and used the fraud alert with Experian. The rep was really nice about it and I disputed 13 inquiries. All of them were deleted in 30 days except for one. I'm not sure why that one stuck though.

Morrow, I still have a few inquiries that I'd like to get rid of. Do you think it would look suspicious to put another fraud alert on there and dispute the rest of the inquiries????

I took Morrows advice and used the fraud alert with Experian. The rep was really nice about it and I disputed 13 inquiries. All of them were deleted in 30 days except for one. I'm not sure why that one stuck though.

Morrow, I still have a few inquiries that I'd like to get rid of. Do you think it would look suspicious to put another fraud alert on there and dispute the rest of the inquiries????

If anything I would wait until your current fraud alert is gone, then maybe call them up and do the same thing.

But thats just me :wink:

Are the inquiries going to fall off soon or are they recent? You might be better off just waiting for them to fall off. :D

Thanks for the advice. I heard that putting a fraud alert might make it more diffucult to dispute things in the future? Is that correct? I'm waiting until I get all my scores in the 700 before I call to dispute my inquiries.

rg

IMHO, I don't think it would make it more difficult to obtain credit. I got approved for the Union Plus card with the fraud alert on there. The only negative would be that it may prevent you from getting instant credit. I did have to call Union Plus to verify my identity. I had Equifax remove the fraud alert right over the phone. It wasn't as much of a headeach as I thought it would be.

I have four inquiries I need removed from Experian. They will not do it they tell me to contact the creditors who place the inquiries. I have done this three different times via phone call and letters and they are still there and I never hear back from these creditors.

Will Experian allow me to put a fraud alert on, then remove the inquiries and then 30 days later allow me to remove the fraud alert. I can't have this messing me up as I will be shopping for a home loan in 6 mo.

You can remove the fraud alert any time you want. In my case, I called and asked what I needed to do in order to remove it. They said send in a request to move it via mail and include ss#, copy of driver's license, and 2 further proofs of address (I used utility bill and bank statement, marking out all unneeded information).

It was no problem and the alert was removed in about a week.

Rgates, I find that to be true, oddly enough. I disputed a lot of things prior to the fraud alert which were removed easily. I added the alert to see if that would help in the process. I got no removals while it was on. After I've removed the alert, I've had several more deletions.

YMMV.

Suppose you have an investigation going with EQ and you want some other info fixed but don't want to wait. Can you have them start investigating / remove inquiries or will that just add 15 days???

Well, thats up to you. Personally I have never had a problem with EQ extending thier investigation when I call to request removal of inquiries. But thats not to say it has never happened.

Do it at your own risk. :D

I have been trying to do bumpage on EQ but I notice that as soon as things start to bump off, someone or something goes and deletes 50-75 of my soft INQs. Anyone else having this problem? Does this mean I am on some special "list" of EQs? I have used bumpage in the past w/o any problems. This just started last couple of months.

Thanks,

GardDawg

garddawg wrote:

I notice that as soon as things start to bump off, someone or something goes and deletes 50-75 of my soft INQs

gardawg: did you ever sort this out? Could it be a split file? Does anyone know why soft enqs would disappear?

This one works like a charm everytime.

Experian

PO Box 2104

Allen, Texas 75013 date

I am very distraught that you have reported 6 unauthorized credit inquiries on my credit report. They do not belong to me.

(List them here)

I have made several attempts to contact the companies who are listed as pulling my credit report with no success. I have called your office several times to have this matter investigated. I was told several times that Experian does not investigate inquiries.

I informed your customer service representative that according to the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the credit reporting agency is obligated to investigate anything that I dispute, including inquires, she told me there is no such law. I beg to differ. You will find below an excerpt of the FCRA about disputing any item of information:

611. Procedures in case of disputed accuracy 15 U.S.C. ยง1681

(a) Reinvestigation of disputed information

(1) Reinvestigation required.

(A) in general, if the completeness or accuracy of any item of information contained in a consumers file at a consumer reporting agency is disputed by the consumer and consumer notifies the agency directly of such dispute, the agency shall reinvestigate free of charge and record the current status of the disputed information, or delete the item from the file in accordance with paragraph (5), before the end of the 30-day period beginning on the date on which the agency receives notice of the dispute from the consumer.

As you are no doubt aware, here is the law that backs this up, I have tried previously to get this matter resolved with your company, and unfortunately my patience is running very thin. I insist that you remove the following inquiries from my credit report or you can expect me to escalate this dispute in a manner as provided in the FCRA.

NOTE: I alone wrote this formal complaint in its entirety, I had no assistance from any third party such as a credit repair clinic; therefore, you are obligated under the FCRA to fully investigate this consumer dispute.

Your name

Address

Ss

dob

Morrow wrote:

EQ Technique

Call them up (888 873-5357) and tell them that you don't recognize the inquiries and that you never authorized them. That's it. They will tell you that they'll put in dispute for 21-30 days but in reality they take it off in a few days. THAT'S IT FOLKS!!!

EX Technique

Call them up (800 583-4080) and ask for their fraud department, tell them you have inquiries that you did not authorize and that you don't recognize. They WILL put them under investigation for 30 days and then delete them. Not one that my girlfriend & me dispute (over 20) have ever been verified.

They may ask you if you want to put a fraud alert on your account. You can do that if you like. To cancel it at any time you just call them back up and tell them to cancel it and they will cancel it within 7 days.

It may help if you put a fraud alert first then 2 days later make the call. Adds validity to your claims.

THAT'S IT FOLKS!!

TU Technique (I've heard about)

1) Threaten to sue after following up with letters sent CRRR.

2) Sob stories (my girlfriend got all hers off with this technique)

3) Bumpage

Does anyone have a current number for Experian fraud dept? Or someone at Experian willing to connect me to fraud dept?

All I get is stupid automated system crap.

I tried these:

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=50

but only real person I got was mailroom (he told me call the number on my report) aarrggh

If not I'll try hotdami812's letter, but I prefer to be nice to CRAs