oh my god

life

Oh my god i cannot believe this and if i was not there I would think my friend was lying to me --She won a lawsuit she recieved about 1 millon dollars--I took her today to a bank in our area so that she could open a checking account and some other account to place the money in until she can talk to a finincal planner--they deined her because of something on check systems..The bank told her that another bank was reporting her --so she called that bank and here they turned her into check systems becasue she had a returned check 5 years ago but the check was paid as soon as she found out about it and it was not done on purpose...

Yes for one check and she has paperwork to prove that it was a mistake she had direct depoist from work she got her stub and wrote the amount inher checkbook and stopped onthe way home and wrote a check --A few days later she get the notice that it bounced she called the bank and it was discovered that her direct deposit didnot make it into her acount they were able to trace it back to her employor some kind of transmission problem --She pulled her money out of that bank today she was still dealing with them but wanted to put this lawsuit money into another bank as her sisterinlaw works at the bank and she didwant want the family to find out how much she got until her and her husband had to time to decided what she want to do with the money.

We went back the the new bank today with all the paperwork and they allowed her to open a new account..

Do you think that she'd be willing to provide the name of the Law firm she used? Many of us have actionable cases that can run into bigger money only most lawyers take them on class actions, which means piddly for the individual consumer.

It would be nice to know which lawyers work on behalf of consumers.