Wolpoff & Abramson

equislee

Bingo!!! They get away with it cause not enough people sue them. If everyone who had been screwed over by a OC, CA would just follow through their threats to sue, etc till the end then in a very short amount of time you would see major changes in the way OC's send things to CA's and CA's send to CRA's, etc. If they really had any fear of us en masse, they would change the way they do business. And know what folks? We can make it happen. We all need to stand up and declare war on these scumbags. It's our own fault for letting them get away with it for so long. We should get some kind of movement happening to take place on a specific day and make our voices heard.

Jane

It is not us who should fear the CA's, CRA's. It is they who should fear us.

Geesh! I totally agree with you Jane! My DH and I have just been sent arbitration award claims against us from W&A, yes, they are still alive and kicking!!! We didn't DV them when account went to them for collections, and they right away petitioned for awards! Does anybody know if we can still send DV letters? I mean, can it still hold up? I know you need to respond in 30 days, but you can also DV them at any time after that. We are sending off arbitration refusal letters. But, do they have to stop collection if we now send the DV letters?

We are now contemplating BK, but I have so much info against the OC's to send them all crying to their mommy's. Unfortunately, I don't think we have the time or money to do so, with two lawsuits pending and the awards...

Yes! We need to pick a day and stand up against this fraudulent banking system. "It is well enough that the people of this nation do not understand our banking and monetary system. For if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." - Henry Ford

ynkewmn...do a search on W&A or arbitration using the link up at the top. According to LadyNRed, the arbitration award isn't worth the paper its printed on...they need to turn it into a judgement, and there is lots of case law that says forced arbitration isn't enforceable.

On the other hand, if your evidence is against the "OC"s, remember that they don't have to abide by the FDCPA and can be as nasty and hard to deal with as they want. Its the CAs you can beat up in court.

I've dealt with W&A. They threatened me with arbitration. I DV them (CMRR) and told them that I never agreed to participate in binding arbitration and that I would NEVER agree to give up my right to due process.

They went away.

With regard to arbitration, W&A doesn't decide on their own to invoke it. Arbitration is now part of most credit card agreements and some creditors consign with W&A to arbitrate for recovery. W&A also represents debt buyers such as UNIFUND, a junk debt buyer who consigns with them to sue consumers. Those are the most difficult to validate and thus the easiest for consumers to win.

Don't be scared by W&A arbitration letter, I got one too, looked very official and was from somebody in Michigan. But I have many other worries on my plate right now with owing taxes to IRS,etc and ignored the arbitration and it went away. The only time you have to be worried from my experiance is if a CA or OC send you to a legitamit attorney in your state and they follow through with a civil suit in court in the county you are living in, then you know you have a true legal battle, most attorneys will do a consent judgement that allows you to pay what you can "afford". I have been able to scare a few away by just letting them know what my financial situation was and they figured I wasn't worth taking to court, but Citicard will take you to court even if you can prove you only have a penny to your name, they are ruthless. But I agree, we need to all fight together to get things changed in the debt collection industry---because in this economy bad things happen to good people and the industry does exactly the opposite and just assumes we are all scumbags because we find ourselves in a situation that we can't pay all of our bills,and BK shouldn't be our only answer.

I think it is crazy that these scumbags scare consumer with these arbitration claims and awards if they have no signature of agreement. Tucked in my most recent HOME DEPOT billing statement was another one. I guess if I protested it, I would assume my account to being cancelled? If every cardholder would protest to all their accounts and arbitration clauses, what would they do then? I heard that now the OC's are requesting arbitration agreement signatures from the customer when you sign up for a new account?

I know I sure woundn't sign anything with everything I have been through with collection agencies,etc. They probably would cancel your acccount, I remember a few years ago the government tried to get OC to lower the interest in cc's but they protested so veneoumously that the feds stopped trying, but something needs to be done about this industry.