equifax idiots need help

Pinky73

I have an ongoing dispute with equifax. They failed to verify a towing company dispute even though I have proof that the collection agency refused the verification letter and that the original creditor has accepted the letter but has not replied over a 3 year period. Now I received a letter from equifax stating that I need to prove my ID with copy of social security card and utility bill and to resubmit dispute to a different address as "the identifying information you provided does not match the information curretnly on your equifax credt file". That is crap I gave them my adress and social security number which does match up with the file. Is this just a delaying tactic, in particular as I sent them the disupte on the 5th of May?

• 4 weeks later...
bump, forgot to add that they sent the usual "you don't have to use a credit repair agency" letter the previous day.

I'm having my own issues with EQ right now as well.

Last week I purchased an online copy of of my credit report from EQ. I had no problems establishing it, and can view it right now should I wish. I attempted to use their automated phone system to get my free yearly hard copy, and was told my information doesn't match up.

Go figure.

You need to realize who you are dealing with. Most are a bunch of "Dip Sticks" who run a consistent Quart low. Send them a second letter, include requested information, advising them that you had already sent the information in your previous letter, enclose copy of that letter, along with a copy of the green card if you sent it CMRR. Tell them that your letter proves they had the required information from the beginning and you feel they are doing this as a stall practice, therefore, you will not accept any extensions on your dispute. True, this last will proably not make a difference and they more than likely will extend, but, at least you have the paperwork, if necessary.