CA Runaround

JBoogieMan

I'm so frustrated right now, I need some kind of advice :evil: PDI Management showed up on my TU, no others. I DV'd them on April 23. Initiated a dispute on May 23 after no response. Called to make sure I had the correct address and talked to a lady who said that the account had been sold to Pentagroup Financial. They haven't showed up on my CRs yet, so if I send a full C&D letter, they can't report on my CRs correct?

They haven't showed up on my CRs yet, so if I send a full C&D letter, they can't report on my CRs correct?

A C&D has NOTHING to do with credit reporting. It has to do with communication to you and you only.

© CEASING COMMUNICATION. If a consumer notifies a debt collector in writing that the consumer refuses to pay a debt or that the consumer wishes the debt collector to cease further communication with the consumer, the debt collector shall not communicate further with the consumer with respect to such debt, except --

(1) to advise the consumer that the debt collector's further efforts are being terminated;

(2) to notify the consumer that the debt collector or creditor may invoke specified remedies which are ordinarily invoked by such debt collector or creditor; or

(3) where applicable, to notify the consumer that the debt collector or creditor intends to invoke a specified remedy.

If such notice from the consumer is made by mail, notification shall be complete upon receipt.

Since you have taken the pre-emptive action of disputing a debt, they must, if they do report it, report it "as disputed" to any CRA.

FDCPA 807(eight) : Communicating or threatening to communicate to any person credit information which is known or which should be known to be false, including the failure to communicate that a disputed debt is disputed.