TUs Cloaking Device

I was looking at some earlier posts that suggested that TU cloaks/masks trade-lines on consumer credit reports and was wondering if this is something real.

I disputed a judgment that was not mine (for property taxes on a house I never owned in a state I never lived in) and it came off my CR the next day. It's been over 30 days, but I haven't heard a thing from TU. Obviously, I don't want to send them anything because it'll give them an excuse to extend the investigation 15 days. About 2 weeks later I disputed another trade-line but that one still shows on my CR.

i disputed a judgement i didn't recognize w/tu, and they deleted it. i just got turned down for a cc who checked tu and one of the reasons was

"derogatory leins, judgements, etc." i checked tu, and the judgement is still gone...makes me wonder if my cr is showing all it should.

i disputed a judgement i didn't recognize w/tu, and they deleted it. i just got turned down for a cc who checked tu and one of the reasons was

"derogatory leins, judgements, etc." i checked tu, and the judgement is still gone...makes me wonder if my cr is showing all it should.

That's bull. Subscribers get a different report than we do. I know mine is still on there just like yours but I can't see it either and I'm pulling from 3 different sites including TUs site. I'm tempted to go to a car dealership and have them pull mine just so I can see if it's actually there or not. I'm going to wait another 15 days before I send a "Whassup?" letter.

This is happening more and more I see.

Lenders are getting tradelines showing up that dont show up on the ones the CRA's furnish to us(consumer)

Maybe its time to start checking into small claims suits and nice ITS letters and calls to the FTC.

If we just sit back, moan and complain about it and do nothing then we have no room to complain at all.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got financing for something and I took my CR to show them so they could see why my scores werent higher. I showed them about the reaging, and slow pays that all were wrong.

He showed me the report they received from TU. It did not show any of the status dates or how old they were or anything. They showed a 60 day late, but didnt show when. They showed a too new to rate on a 7 yr old paid account.

I had the opportunity to educate this guy. The point is, they do not receive the same thing we do.

Lots of creditors may not necessarily get their credit reports directly from the CRA.

There are thousands of third party vendors who shameless hawk tri-merge credit reports with their own analysis and point systems.

With the advent of BIG databases, purchasing public records off the net is now REAL cheap. You have seen how cheap they are.

And public records are by definition, PUBLIC.

Anybody can view them and sell them. And so do these third party credit reporting vendors sell them to creditors.

So what you think has been “removed” from your credit report now is being displayed to the whole world by very easy access to public records.

And judgments and tax liens are not the only things a creditor can view. Whatever is stashed away as public record in a courthouse can now be viewed by a creditor even if it is DUI, restraining orders, disturbance of the peace, etc…

And today, creditors are becoming more and more suspicious of credit reports, hence the surging popularity of those public record searches.

Someone asked me to reply and I'll do so quickly. If this doesn't answer your questions, bug me and I'll try to amplify.

You have to remember that credit reports don't exist in a vacuum. Data streams are sent to the CRAs regularly and the report is only assembled upon request. To do so, a search is entered and the results comprise your report. Generally, this accounts for the fact that there can be a difference between a report you get and a subscriber report. The one you get usually requires more exact data matches than the subscriber report.

Sometimes the CRA knows that Company X is "misreporting" and, even though they tell Company X to stop, it doesn't do so. Because the report is just a search of existing data, and because Company X is misreporting, this creates a problem. So the CRA tries to "cloak" or "suppress" a given entry to keep it from being responsive to a search. Sometimes this works better than other times. If the creditor modifies the data, it will often get past the cloaking and appear again on your report.

Hope this helps.