Telemarketing Oral Contracts and how to Validate?

Geez Louise

Hi There, I am looking for some advice for an account that was opened through telemarketing. This creditor claims that a credit card was opened over the phone at an address that I never lived at. When I asked for validation they tell me that there is no signed contract because it was done over the phone. There was never a payment made. This is not my account and I did not do this, so how should I proceed to get rid of this? This was an apparent credit repair company that offered credit cards over the phone and then charged you for some credit repair kit. I disputed with TU and it came back verified! How can this creditor PROVE this is mine with NO signed contract?? Also, this is NOT a CA this is an OC doing this..Thanks :)

No, she never said that she was recording when I called them to tell them that this was not mine. Just gave me the addy that the card was opened from and where the bills had been going. I just now got a bill from them when I disputed with TU last month (I guess TU gave them my current address!?) This account was opened in '99. I have a suspicion that a family member or ex may have done this because no one else would have the personal info to do this...although I dont know that this creditor actually even has any personal info other than my social! The addy that the account was opened from isn't even in the same state that I live in, nor is it on my CR.