Questions about an old CO that was sold

I have one account that hasn’t been settled, and the OC has sold to a CA. I have verified that it has been sold, so there’s no recourse I have with the OC to settle this account. The DOLA is 10/2001. SOL in my state is 4 years.

NCO tried to collect on it, but they went away after being unable to provide any DV.

This is how it shows on my CRs (it was deleted off of EX):

Equifax:

Acct Type: Revolving or Option

Acct Status: Open

Monthly Payment: $0

Date Open: Mar, 1995

Balance: $0

Terms: N/A

High Balance: $4,445

Limit: N/A

Past Due: $0

Remarks: N/A

Payment Status: Bad debt& placed for collection& skip

Transunion:

Acct Type: Revolving account

Acct Status: Closed

Monthly Payment: $0

Date Open: Mar, 1995

Balance: $0

Terms: N/A

High Balance: $4,445

Limit: $3,500

Past Due:$0

Remarks: Transferred to another lender

Payment Status: 120 days past due

So my big question:

The wife and I are going to begin mortgage shopping soon, and according to my CRs, there is no balance to this debt, but it is shown as being sold or transferred. The original TL is the only one showing, no CA accounts or anything. Would the lender want to see proof that this was settled with whoever purchased the debt, or am I more or less home free?

What should I do? Sit on it? Wait on whoever to come calling and asking for money?

maybe i'm missing something, but how would disputing it to the CRAs as SOL help? I thought that even though something was past SOL, it could still be reported on the CRs until 7 years past the DOLA.