CSC and inquiries???

seven

Throw a FIT when they don't investigate them.

Quote FCRA. Demand they send it to their legal department if they don't do it themselves. Threaten lawsuit. Scream that your rights are being violated. Remind them it's $1000 fine if they don't comply with federal mandate.

Use a crazy letter like the one below. I don't remember who came up with this one...Ad...JSnow....someone? :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

CRA Name

CRA Address

CRA City State and Zip

Date

Re: Report #123456789

I am writing in response to your letter dated Date that is supposedly a response to my request that your company delete SEVERAL unauthorized inquiries from my credit file.

Clearly stated in the FCRA:

§ 604. Permissible purposes of consumer reports [15 U.S.C. § 1681b]

(a) In general. Subject to subsection ©, any consumer reporting agency may furnish a consumer report under the following circumstances and no other:

(3) To a person which it has reason to believe

(A) intends to use the information in connection with a credit transaction involving the consumer on whom the information is to be furnished and involving the extension of credit to, or review or collection of an account of, the consumer; or

(B) intends to use the information for employment purposes; or

© intends to use the information in connection with the underwriting of insurance involving the consumer; or

(D) intends to use the information in connection with a determination of the consumer's eligibility for a license or other benefit granted by a governmental instrumentality required by law to consider an applicant's financial responsibility or status; or

(E) intends to use the information, as a potential investor or servicer, or current insurer, in connection with a valuation of, or an assessment of the credit or prepayment risks associated with, an existing credit obligation; or

(F) otherwise has a legitimate business need for the information

(i) in connection with a business transaction that is initiated by the consumer; or

(ii) to review an account to determine whether the consumer continues to meet the terms of the account

§ 607. Compliance procedures [15 U.S.C. § 1681e]

(a) Identity and purposes of credit users. Every consumer reporting agency shall maintain reasonable procedures designed to avoid violations of section 605 [§ 1681c] and to limit the furnishing of consumer reports to the purposes listed under section 604 [§ 1681b] of this title. These procedures shall require that prospective users of the information identify themselves, certify the purposes for which the information is sought, and certify that the information will be used for no other purpose. Every consumer reporting agency shall make a reasonable effort to verify the identity of a new prospective user and the uses certified by such prospective user prior to furnishing such user a consumer report. No consumer reporting agency may furnish a consumer report to any person if it has reasonable grounds for believing that the consumer report will not be used for a purpose listed in section 604 [§ 1681b] of this title.

None of the inquiries I am disputing relate to any of the above PERMISSABLE PURPOSES. I was never offered credit, insurance or employment in relation to any of these inquiries. I never applied for credit with any of these companies nor do I have any current accounts with any of these companies. Due to the fact that these organizations were allowed to view my credit file without meeting any of the above requirements and thus causing a “hard” inquiry to appear on my credit CRA is obligated by the FCRA to correct these inaccuracies and delete the unauthorized inquiries.

§ 607. Compliance procedures [15 U.S.C. § 1681e]

(B) Accuracy of report. Whenever a consumer reporting agency prepares a consumer report it shall follow reasonable procedures to assure maximum possible accuracy of the information concerning the individual about whom the report relates.

Because I have requested a LEGITIMATE INVESTIGATION of these inaccurate items, CRA is obligated by Federal Law to comply and delete these erroneous, incorrect and unauthorized inquiries from my credit file. See below:

§ 611. Procedure in case of disputed accuracy [15 U.S.C. § 1681i]

(a) Reinvestigations of disputed information.

(1) Reinvestigation required.

(A) In general. If the completeness or accuracy of any item of information contained in a consumer's file at a consumer reporting agency is disputed by the consumer and the consumer notifies the agency directly of such dispute, the agency shall reinvestigate free of charge and record the current status of the disputed information, or delete the item from the file in accordance with paragraph (5), before the end of the 30-day period beginning on the date on which the agency receives the notice of the dispute from the consumer.

(5) Treatment of inaccurate or unverifiable information.

(A) In general. If, after any reinvestigation under paragraph (1) of any information disputed by a consumer, an item of the information is found to be inaccurate or incomplete or cannot be verified, the consumer reporting agency shall promptly delete that item of information from the consumer's file or modify that item of information, as appropriate, based on the results of the reinvestigation.

And if your agency refuses, again, to comply with Federal Law (FCRA) and delete these inquiries I will be forced to take this action to the appropriate courts as provided for below:

§ 616. Civil liability for willful noncompliance [15 U.S.C. § 1681n]

(a) In general. Any person who willfully fails to comply with any requirement imposed under this title with respect to any consumer is liable to that consumer in an amount equal to the sum of

(1) (A) any actual damages sustained by the consumer as a result of the failure or damages of not less than $100 and not more than $1,000; or

(B) in the case of liability of a natural person for obtaining a consumer report under false pretenses or knowingly without a permissible purpose, actual damages sustained by the consumer as a result of the failure or $1,000, whichever is greater;

(2) such amount of punitive damages as the court may allow; and

(3) in the case of any successful action to enforce any liability under this section, the costs of the action together with reasonable attorney's fees as determined by the court.

(B) Civil liability for knowing noncompliance. Any person who obtains a consumer report from a consumer reporting agency under false pretenses or knowingly without a permissible purpose shall be liable to the consumer reporting agency for actual damages sustained by the consumer reporting agency or $1,000, whichever is greater.

© Attorney's fees. Upon a finding by the court that an unsuccessful pleading, motion, or other paper filed in connection with an action under this section was filed in bad faith or for purposes of harassment, the court shall award to the prevailing party attorney's fees reasonable in relation to the work expended in responding to the pleading, motion, or other paper.

§ 617. Civil liability for negligent noncompliance [15 U.S.C. § 1681o]

(a) In general. Any person who is negligent in failing to comply with any requirement imposed under this title with respect to any consumer is liable to that consumer in an amount equal to the sum of

(1) any actual damages sustained by the consumer as a result of the failure;

(2) in the case of any successful action to enforce any liability under this section, the costs of the action together with reasonable attorney's fees as determined by the court.

(B) Attorney's fees. On a finding by the court that an unsuccessful pleading, motion, or other paper filed in connection with an action under this section was filed in bad faith or for purposes of harassment, the court shall award to the prevailing party attorney's fees reasonable in relation to the work expended in responding to the pleading, motion, or other paper.

Therefore, I reiterate my last dispute on unauthorized inquiries: Please delete all of the inquiries listed below as they were NOT AUTHORIZED by me in any way, I was not given a firm offer of credit, I was not offered insurance and I was not offered employment, nor do I have an active account with any of these companies.

UNAUTHORIZED INQUIRIES

Inquiry Name date

Inquiry Name date

I look forward to your prompt response with an updated credit report where these errors are removed/corrected as necessary!

Sincerely,

Your Name

Your Address

Your City State and Zip

DOB:

SSN:

What is the best way to deal w/csc and getting inquiries off my report??

I disputed 3 online using their "dispute an account" section. I put "Inquiry - First Premier" where the account name should go. Under the account # I put "Inquiry Dated 3/3/04". For the reason I think I checked "other". In the comment section I put something to the effect of "This entity had no permissible purpose to obtain my report. Please delete ASAP. I submitted disputes on 3 inquiries this way. They deleted all 3 on day 30. I just submitted a dispute in exactly the same manner for the remaining 3 on my report. We are on about day 14 with that dispute now. They were never marked as in dispute on Credit Watch, they just fell off on day 30. Also, I know this was not from pulling multiple PG's either. I got an updated copy of my CSC report dated day 30 showing all 3 deleted on the cover page. I don't know why this worked for me, and maybe it was a fluke. I would try it! It can't hurt, right?