CC w/0 balance after bankruptcy showing negative on report.

harlock

Hi

During my bankruptcy I included a CC with 0 balance (still opened) I checked my credit report after the BK discharge and the CC company closed account (fine) but as derogatory (negative). Should I call the CC company and request them to change to closed paid or dispute with the credit agency(s)? It's been about 6 months since BK

Thanks

Hello and Welcome!

Best you will get is probably closed by credit grantor/paid as agreed or /never late or /XXX days late.

Thanks for the reply DocPC,

That's really all I'm looking for. I was never late and I paid as agreed. should I call them or dispute w/ Credit agency(s)

Maybe I am too much of a newbie, but why would you include a cc with a zero balance in a bankruptcy?

My ex husband is filing and as soon as I found out, I paid off and closed two accounts, hoping his bk would not affect my credit. Can someone enlighten me??