How do I get a creditor to remove a chargeoff?

chevy

I have a charge off with the electric company and a collection agency has picked it up. It shows twice on my credit report. Once with the electric company and once with the collection agency. If I pay the original creditor what do I say and I do I get rid of the collection agency on my report.

Thanks

You shouldn't pay at all right now. Starting out credit repair by paying is the worst mistake you can make- save that for last in case you feel you want to pay. Start out by disputing as "not mine" with the CRAs. Wait and see what happens, if removed- great, if not come back and we'll go thru the next steps.

I have disputed and they verified it was mine. I don't mine paying, I know it's mine. Is there a way if I pay the original creditor they can remove the chargeoff by not reporting and tell the collection agency it has been taken care of.

Thanks Ms. Swede

correct me if I am wrong but , if you pay the original creditor and have it removed. you should be able to tell the ca to take a hike. I beleive Methuss or jsnow told me this. Pls respond if you see this.