Got my first card!!!!

I'ts a Chevron, but I'll take it!!!!!!!! I got approved for credit rebuilder, $200 limit, $50 fee. They pulled Experian, which I though was pretty strange, b/c just two months ago they pulled EQ for my husband. I was hopeing they would pull EQ(my highest, but they go and pull EX (my lowest) I'm going on a trip at the end of the month, so I'll only be using it for that and paying it off when I get back. Haven't been doing much repair lately between new job and printer is %^*#ed up, but things are still looking up!

I applied, then they sent me a letter in the mail, saying to call 1800 #. When I called the girl asked me some ? like do you have a checking and savings(not for the number) and income that sort of thing. Then she said i was approved for the rebuilder card with 200 limit 50 fee(which you have to send before you get the card). I guess I got the high fee b/c they checked my lowest score Experian, but she did say after 6 months of good history, you can get an increase, and the annual fee may be waived if you maintain good standing with them.

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I applied for a Chevron card a week and half ago. Just got a letter in the mail today. stating that I was accept for a chevron rebuider 2 program. Call and they told I was approved w/$300 limit. but had to mail in $30 for annual fee. I asked if they report to all three credit bureau, she said yes.

They pulled Equifax in Florida. I got approved w/FICO 568.

I need to start rebuiding with new line of credit, only have two open accounts, one 13 years old and one 4 years old. This is a start. Thank for the information on Chevron. :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys just got the nerve to apply for chevron. Eq 596 hopefully Ill get the rebuilder. havent had a cc or applied for that matter since 1990. Wish me luck.

One more question should I pay as soon as I get statement or pay it as soon as I get in from making the charge?

Is it possible to beat the interest charges each month? Im basically trying to get an open line of credit with a good history for a couple of years. any help would be appreciated.

Oh no now Im scared Ill get denied?