Approved for AMEX Green Rewards!

Lucifer,

With credit scores so high, why apply for a card you have to pay $65/year for when there are free cards that offer better rewards, like Discover?

You have to spend more than $6,500/year just to reduce the premium you pay for using the card to 1%. Effectively, you're paying for every point they give you more than it cost them to buy those credits.

The only reason I got the AMEX Green Rewards is where I can get the AMEX Blue in 6 months. For some reason they wont approve me for the AMEX Blue right now. So mayby in 6 months they will approve me with the quick application feature.... Hoping :)

Good for you, Lucifer. You're handling your prime status well......just don't get greedy. Be selective and you'll reap the rewards.

By the way, let Discover come to you. Don't settle for anything less than Platinum! We all remember.

I agree with ananias, Amex green is not worth the annual fees it charges you. I really don't get what is so great about Amex green. First, they charge you annual fees (I refuse to pay any annual fees for any card). Second, it's a charge card... therefore, you'd have to pay your balance in full each month. Lastly, they say there's no pre-set spending limit, when there is in fact one and they just don't tell you what it is. You'd find out your limit in the most inopportune time, when you're declined for a small purchase because you've gone over that phantom limit they don't tell you about. :roll:

With your excellent scores (very impressive!!), you should be able to get no-fee cards with better rewards programs else where... JMHO... :D