ceowens

Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy

Wasn't there some talk awhile back about getting Gap and Banana and finding NO INQUIRY on your report??? Well, I was a bad bad girl this weekend. Went shopping at a big outlet center in GA, and Old Navy had a push going on trying to get folks to sign up for credit cards. They were giving a big bag to those approved and you could take and additional 25% off anything you could get stuffed in the bag...even the clearance items. So, I caved. Applied for Old Navy and was approved! Noticed they are issued by Monogram Credit Bank of GA. Well, same thing happening at Gap and Banana Republic. So, of course, I applied. Approved for all 3. Pulled PG this morning and only 1 INQ. Old Navy pulled EQFX, but Gap and Banana did not pull at all. They swiped a major credit card, and that was it. So, 3 new accts. with 1 inq...sweet deal.

:shock: You crazy freaks! :wink:

LOL. Sorry.

Here's the link to the original discussion:

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14119

Finally figured out why I could't find the links to this discussion.....they are over on CreditBoards. :oops: See, that's the kind of confusion that can happen when you have a wife AND a girlfriend. :wink: Anywho....apparently, MCBGA has a couple of things going on. First, they seem to have an internal system for scoring....meaning if you have one good acct. with them, you may be able to get others based on the one good acct, without a hard pull. Also, for others, they have done a hard, but after approval, they have bumped it down to a soft pull. Pretty cool of them, huh? But, as far as I can tell, if they do a hard and deny credit, you're stuck with it.

Owens! Haven't seen you in awhile :?

Thats awesome you were approved! Sounds like your doing great!

PJ! :)++ Yes, I am around. I've taken a break from actively repairing my personal credit for now (meaning, no disputes and letter writing for now). Right now I am using my new cards, letting them age, and concentrating on making prompt payments. The plan is to age until first of December,let my inqs fall off, then ask for credit limit increases across the board (and use x-mas shopping as my "reason for request"). Hopefully the increased available credit and low untilization will boost my scores , and the first of the year, I have Asset set to drop off as obsolete anyway. (I havent been able to budge them otherwise). However, I am working on establishing my biz credit right now and am spending most of my time of the biz credit forum over at CreditBoards. Biz is booming and I am swamped with work! Not too much time to hang out here. :cry: I miss you guys though. I'll try and pop in more often. Hope all is well with you. Thanks for asking about me! :D

What are your credit limits on your card if you dont mind me asking?

rg

I don't mind at all. My limits are $400 with both Gap and Old Navy...and $600 with Banana. Not much, I know, but my foot is in the door, and I am hoping they will at least double my limits in December (after 6 months). When your credit looks like mine, you take what limits you can get! :D

:shock: You crazy freaks! :wink: I'm serious, here. How did I get away with 1 inq for 3 apps?? Anybody got a clue? I know this has been discussed, I just cant seem to find the threads!

Not sure if this is the reason but GAP/Old Navy/Banana are all owned by the same company, so that's probably why there was only one pull. They probably recognized you were already accepted with the first one and didn't bother pulling the rest.

As a side note to this.................. I was approved for these 3 accounts Saturday.........I pulled PG last night and they are already reporting to EQFX....all 3 of them! :shock: Reporting in 5 days time...now that's lightning fast. And, proof that EQFX can move thier a$$ when they want to! :evil: