good will letter 2

orion

hey guys!! happy to tell you that today I got a response from a good will letter goes something like this...

Friday, July 09, 2004

RE: Account # XXXXXX

Dear Mr. XXXXX

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding this account. Per your request, this letter is to verify that the above referenced account has been updated to reflect a correction in your payment history. Previously there were 2 payments paid 30 days or more late. After the correction your account reflects 0 payments that were paid 30 days or more late.

We have sent a request to the three major CRA to reflect this status. If you need further assistance, please contact us

I checked my CR this morning and the info was already updated.

Thank you for your help you guys.

Congratulations!! I'm getting ready to send in a good will letter myself to one of my credit cards. I've had it for a little over a year and have one late payment from last August (it was one of those months that I had car payment, car insurance, and tuition due - the credit card wasn't exactly a priority that month) I'm hoping that since I've been on time every other month and have always paid more than minimum due that they'll be agreeable.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you word your letter? Was it simply an "I'd appreciate it if you'd do me this favor" sort of letter, or was it more formal? I've been looking for some samples.

Also, who did you send the letter to? Was it just the regular billing adress or did you find a consumer information address to send it to?

Carrie

Well the letter was formal up to some point. (not to formal)

I basically stated the date I miss the payment (if you remember) an honest reason (death in the family, laid off, etc) and that since then you haven't miss a payment. If this happend a year ago, (and if you are lucky, remember they are under no obligation to do you this favor) then they'll just correct it and updated.

Be advice to tell them to please (sugar coated it, kiss some serious a$$ don't be shy ok) do you this favor base in the history you have with them and that you have being a loyal client. also tell them to please update the CRA or offer to do so yourself, by them sending you some sort of letter. and a credit rating I will give you more info in a sec.

I had a 30 day late payment any ways this is an auto loan. I just went to their web site, and also I had their address in my organizer, so it was easy to sent.

Certify your mail! you need to have traceability. Use common sense, it doesn't have to be a long letter or very elaborate just tell them what you need them to do for you, most of the companies will work with you some like Macys, Target, Sallie Mae will absolutly not work with you at all, be persistant! some times it takes more than 1 good will letter (like the sample above with the 30 days, it took 2 letters) keep track of how many letters you send, to whom, and don't sent the same letter, they'll think is a format, and wont even read it! Do not dispair, it takes a while for them to answer, the thing to remember is that ultimately they are doing you a favor

One more thing! search in the forum (go under the "search" tool at the top of the page, there are some really good sample letters floating around, I got inspiration from one of them.

Good luck, and keep us update!

Thanks!! Hopefully I'll have the same sort of luck.

I did try and search, but for some reason whenever I search it tells me that there are no posts that match my criteria - I've even tried different ways (goodwill vs good will, etc). Everything else I've searched has worked great, for some reason they don't want me to see these sample letters, haha!!

Carrie