I am misssing something --Please help me!

Okay, I posted today about a lawyer who said they purchased my charge off. I understand the process of the Validation, but... I really dont want to go to court or have a judgement against me... what I pray for is to settle with these guys but I need some time to get enough cash. This is a valid debt- its only recently been charged off- and I have been thru several layers of lies with the CC. Will sending a DV piss them off and have them hire an lawyer in my state and obtain a judgement against me? I have read many of the posts- but can't figure out if the acct is validated.. what is the next step- is it always court??? I am not sure I have the stomach for all this!!!! Any adivce is greatly appreciated!

You need to keep this to one thread to avoid confusion.

The DV will stop him unless he has proper validation, which he probably hasn't. He has to stop all collection activity until he provides PROPER validation.

EDIT: he probably does not have PROPER validation.

thanks for the your response... I know, I will stick to one thread- sorry- I am completely flipping out about this. Can you tell me, what will happen after he does validate. what are the possibilties- can I avoid going to court?..this site is great- so full of great info- thanks!!!

Just got a call from the a collection agency. The message he left on my machine was: wanted to know the name of my attorney and they were going to close the file on refusal. Can anyone tell me what that means and what I should do???? I should clarify-- this is another account- I really am spastic- I never said I would not pay- did talk about needing time to pay. Again thanks for any insight--I think I know the answer--Validation??????? but what does the "close the file "mean?

Just got a call from the a collection agency. The message he left on my machine was: wanted to know the name of my attorney and they were going to close the file on refusal. Can anyone tell me what that means and what I should do???? I should clarify-- this is another account- I really am spastic- I never said I would not pay- did talk about needing time to pay. Again thanks for any insight--I think I know the answer--Validation??????? but what does the "close the file "mean?

They are trying to scare you into paying. DV them and request a limited C&D and request they only contact you via US mail. Also, how large are the debts? Will they be cost effective to prosecute, etc?