1st premier secured?

Hi folks,

I'm sorry to report about the ONLY CC I can get approved for and the ONLY one that I can do is the "First Premier Secured" card. It allows you to send 25.00+ incr. and once it reaches 200.00 they'll open an acct for ya--also, no questions and going on and on about employment.

At any rate, do you folks know how it goes once the initial funds are sent?? What info should I be getting and about when? Any thoughts from those who've BTDT? I'm just wondering if I'll get info as to where to continue sending funds. I did note down the addy they gave me.

Elyse

car loans are easy...

there are many pay on the lot

places that will take care of you

once you get a positvie trade line..

first stop for a car is pay on the lot.

next stop is some place like mercury finanace

or household...

then comes ford ... but a car is not hard..

and you can do all this right here

Thanks for the info hon--can't wait to get my positive tradeline going! Sent 50.00 last week and have yet to hear from First Premier, so we'll see. I can't wait to get online here at the forum to say, "Hey folks, I got a car!" LOL...we need one so badly, I only hope the one we got can hold out until we're able to get one.

Elyse

Over 5 years ago, my DW sent the $200.00 for their Secured Visa. The initial CL was $404.00. Since then they have increased it to $1500.00 which is the maximum for their Secured Cards. We know as we have been trying to get this increased for months and they finally sent us a letter explaining this. Also, when you ask for an increase, and it is given, they charge you $25.00 for doing this.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I don't plan on keeping it longer than a few years--I'd like to see one credit increase, don't mind the 25.00 charge and I'll go from there. It's just that not having a job and my FICO being where it is an all this is really all that seemed to suit me...also, it allows me to pay 25.00+ increments rather than come up with an entire 200.00 chunk which I can't do right now.

Elyse

I'm going to go ahead and bump this post because I want to know if ANYONE else here has had a secured First Premier Card. I was curious to know what happens after you send in your initial payments...do they NOT set anything up until it reaches 200.00?? How do I know where to keep sending funds until it reaches that amount??? It's only been like 2-3 weeks so maybe I just need to wait the 4-6 wks??? I don't recall reading about that.

Anyone here know the drill???

Elyse

Hi guys where did you find the first premier card is their a website, and are there any credit checks or employment checks. And do they charge interest to you for the use of your own money? Any help would be appreciated.

to answer your questions, I have had mine for 6 months, all they ask is you have no lates or derog's for 6 months, then you pay the fees and yes they charge you 9.9% interest, which isn't bad at all, but there is a $6 a month fee, a $7.00 fee to pay online, and finance charges. it is a decent card, I could only get this card months ago, and today I got my first real card. I picked up the Citi Plat card, $2,000 limit 0% apr for 6 months.

My credit scores are listed below and up to date...

good luck.

Mulder