When can you start disputing CO's?

Anonymous

Thanks DocDon,

That's what I was afraid might happen, now I'll just wait it out, and pump up my scores by paying down the open cc's to less than 10%, and maybe getting a secured CU card. Disputing incorrect info now, like a vol repo from last year reported as a credit card with a revolving balance of 11,800 past due?

V

7/2004

Eq 567

Ex 571

Tu 492 wtf?

Aparently FICO likes to see balances between 7% and 34%. Anywhere in that range will not hurt your score.

Disputing that entry shouldn't be a problem, but keep in mind that if you get new credit, a lot of CA's 'monitor' your credit (since viewing your reports are PP under the FCRA). If they see you with new lines of credit, they'll assume you can pay them now and come after you.

Think of it as a game of cat and mouse. You want to keep just below their radar....

Check your inquiries and see their inquiry activity.

I'll pass on the secured card then, trying to stay out of radar until applying for a mortgage in 4 months, waiting for very last moment to have that inquire pulled. Plenty of downpayment, reserves, etc.

Have a mortgage now no lates for 7 years, selling it and moving out of state. Friend is selling me they're house, so contracting etc not a problem.

Just want the score above 600...will still have to go subprime because of collection's (no liens or judgements), and I m not paying them, would rather pay a higher interest rate than give those dirtbag a@@'s a dime. Sorry this went into mortgage discussion...I know alot of us on here are working on scores for a home :)

V