Collector could not validate BUT,

I DV'd CreditOne about an account on my CR on April 17 and they responded with a "archived account, may take longer to verify" letter. So I called them to see how long it would take and they said 6-8 weeks. Well that time has passed and so I decided to call them again to see what the hold up is. The account rep said that the OC was unable to get a signed application but were going to issue an affadavit (that could stand up in court) that says that the account is mine. Is this sufficient?If this is sufficient then why didn't they do that in the first place? I need to know what to do next b/c this one is killing my score.

Thanks for your help DocPC! Can this hold up in court like they say? It doesn't matter b/c the SOL has expired but I need to settle this for my mortgage company-soon! I need to know how to respond b/c they seemed pretty confident that the affadavit was enough.