Items appearing on a Trimerge that aren't in my credit file

Dmckid

Hi all, I am new to this board, but not credit infor center. I have used the wonderful tips and techniques here to fix the most horrific errors on my reports. You would not believe how hard it is to remove a BK that doesn't even belong there. Ihave also removed a reposession and charge-offs, all legally. But now, it is coming back to bite me.

I am trying to buy my first home and the mortgage broker rana trimerge report through Credco. On this tri-merge the reposession I had removed over a year ago shows up through Trans Union as well as a charge-off that is not there. The charge-off is no big deal since it was a HUGE mistake on GMAC's part and they are fixing it, but the repo is killing me. Here is my problem, I have run all three reports individually, AND spoken with people at all three bureaus, it is no where to be found on my report. I cannot fix what is not there.

Credco has informed me that they are not responsible to investigate this or fix it because they only got the information from Trans Union, but they did not because it isnt there. SHe informed me that because it was a joint account and not corrected on my ex-husband's report it may show up on their tri-merge for me.

I have called the FTC, I have called them, I have spoken to everyone, no one has ever heard of this nor knows how to fix it. I could have an individual report sent out to every possible lender I wish to shop for a mortgage through :evil::evil: , but this seems so unfair and excessive. How do I get Credco to correct this?

You won't get Credco to fix it.

But, I have another idea. Has your lender pulled your trimerge from Credco in the past? I just went through this with our mortgage broker. They pulled a trimerge over a month ago and an IIB was listed that wasn't ours. They wouldn't send our paperwork through underwriting until that was gone.

I got it removed, requested my Equifax report, confirmed it was absolutely gone, and had my broker pull a trimerge from Credco again. But, it was there still. This went on for a few weeks. I faxed my Equifax report to my broker, she didn't know what the problem was, and gave me Credco's phone number.

I called Credco and the guy gave me a neat little tip: Have your broker pull the trimerge, changing 2 key pieces of information when requesting it from Credco. In my case, they added my birth date, and spelled out Northeast as opposed to NE in my street address. He said this will ensure Credco's trimerge pulls the freshest information from the CRA's.

I called my broker and it worked. I noticed during those weeks of frustration that there were no inquiries on my credit reports, but the day we changed up the info, an inquiry showed up. So, Credco kept sending the same copy of the same trimerge. :x

Hope it works out for you,

hmmmmm, I will try that, but the problem isn't information that was fixed still showing up, as Credco has never run my report before, but information that simply is not there. THat is why it is so horrifying, no one knows what to do, and the people at Credco are just being horrendous. At this point all I can do is keep pulling my TUC account and sending it to potential people. But as soon as GMAC's "OOOPS our mistake" charge off is fixed I will have him try that. THanks so much!