Asset Acceptance Unable to locate consumer?

ml73

I'm helping someone with their reports and came across this one from our good friends at Asset Acceptance...

Consumer Disputes account; Customer unable to locate Consumer.

This is an old charge off from Citibank/Zales which is past DOLA

Original Creditor shows DOLA as 8/99 and SOL is 4 years here in PA.

The person whom I am helping, disputed this colleciton with the big three

about 1 year ago but it is showing up now as in dispute (over 1 year later)and that Asset cannot locate her. Asset also shows the DOLA to be 9/2000 which is 13 months after what the OC on the same report shows.

How should I handle these 2 items?

Can I send a demand for removal letter to the CRA's for the collection account because it is showing still in dispute for over 1 year?

If I did that would it have any impact on fighting the charge off with the OC?

Obviously, we would like to get these both removed.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

They were listed this way on my report also :roll:

Now they are listed as "account in dispute/resolution pending" - and also "Customer recently located consumer" All when they've had my mailing address for months. I have disputed this via phone AND mail to no avail. I filed a complaint with the BBB.. we'll see where that gets me :-(((

Now they are listed as "account in dispute/resolution pending"

Yes pandorah, that is exactly right... the report says account in dispute and has said that now for over 1 year.

I was reading Experian's web site and it says that comment still hurts your score.

Can anyone help us on how to fix this?

Unless you have sent a DV letter and the account should be remarked disputed, don't pay any attention to the remarks. Asset does not respond to anything except a lawsuit or threat of lawsuit. The best way to deal with Asset, is to rack up as many violations as you can under federal and state law (if applicable), then prepare a complaint for federal court and send it attached to an ITS. If your state has laws that parrot the FCRA/FDCPA, there's a chance they'll offer to delete and stop collection. If not, then file your suit. They'll remove it to federal and you can force a settlement there.