Equifax Question

beatboy77

I have a question regarding Equifax. I was told that if you dispute an account with them, then that account is no longer figured into your FICO Score while it is in dispute. My current EQ Score is 639. I need to raise it by 1 point to qualify for better Auto Loan Rates. So I called EQ last week and disputed a Household Bank account as, "Not Mine," that was opened in April of 2003 and was discharged in my BK 7 in December of 2003. They gave me a confirmation number but it still shows as, "IIB," when I pull my EQ Score on MyFico. I want it to show as, "Account In Dispute." Now I have another Household Account I can call up and dispute. Does anyone know how I should dispute it if it is showing as, "IIB," so that it will show as, "Account In Dispute"?

Thanks,

Josh

I have a question regarding Equifax. I was told that if you dispute an account with them, then that account is no longer figured into your FICO Score while it is in dispute.

Who told you that? I'm not saying it's not true, just curious. I'm not sure I agree - it's hard to tell WHAT they use.

My current EQ Score is 639. I need to raise it by 1 point to qualify for better Auto Loan Rates. So I called EQ last week and disputed a Household Bank account as, "Not Mine," that was opened in April of 2003 and was discharged in my BK 7 in December of 2003. They gave me a confirmation number but it still shows as, "IIB," when I pull my EQ Score on MyFico. I want it to show as, "Account In Dispute." Now I have another Household Account I can call up and dispute. Does anyone know how I should dispute it if it is showing as, "IIB," so that it will show as, "Account In Dispute"?

Here's a little article you should read. You could have your score raised or lowered by DOING NOTHING. Also, remember that the scoring models vary from lender to lender, so what you are seeing in any score you get on line could be different from the one the lenders use. Nice Beatles pic, by the way.

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/creditreports/scoring/WhyCreditScoresFluctuate.shtml

I just finished my first round of disputes with the CRA.

I monitered my CRs on PG. I never saw any listed as disputed even though they ended up deleting some accts.

I did notice my score go up a few points without any change to the info listed. Could be because of the accts getting older so they have less effect on score.