Yes, they're probably seeing that you're late with other creditors or your spending habits have changed drastically.

Given your thread in the off-topic forum, I'm not surprised. But, you can always play dumb and call them to ask why. Who knows, you might catch them in some violation that can get you $. Something I know you can use right about now.

yeah, its citi, for some reason they dont like us.. :?

well i think i know the reason, they offered us 3.9% fixed for life, so we jumped and BT alot over there. its been sitting there for over 2 years now, making the minimum payment, never been late tho. i'm sure they are hating that, saw the CA TL and figgured they could get rid of us.

Don't just lay down and take it! You're much too tough for that.

Call them up and "thank" them for "alerting " you that a false TL has made it on to your credit reports and that you'll be looking into it right away. Remind them that you've never been late and that the terms were for the life of the BT.

They may also have lowered your credit line. Explain this has negative consequences on your overall credit and that their actions are premature given that you need time to straighten everything out with the credit bureaus. Ask THEM for recommendations as to what you can do. Get the name of every CSR and supervisor you speak to.

Also, use PlanetFeedBack.com

Fight for your credit life. Be persistant.