Just a few questions

Hi everyone,

I've been reading this forum and has been amazed by the wealth of information that exists here. It's really good to find out that you have choices!

I have started the debt validation process for about 9 accounts that are on my Experian CR, put there by collection agencies. I have sent my DV letters about 3 weeks ago (to both CV and CRA). So far 1 has caved (yippee)

One collection agency, Unique, apparently sent my letter to the original creditor, the library (no jokes, please) who then proceeded to send me a bill. My thought is this: by the library sending me a bill, does this not prove that the CA is not the original creditor and should not be on my credit report at all? Can I sue them? Should I send them a letter with copy of the bill stating such along with one to the CRA?

Thanks for your help!

Hi there and welcome!

You know you pose a good question. Once a CA send the debt BACK to the OC do they simply report a -0- balance or must they remove their listing? I would think if they no longer have it, then they shouldn't be reporting it on your CR's. Then again, they may be allowed to continue reporting it for 7 yrs since it was ONCE in collections. This is a good question and I look forward to hearing the answer.

Welcome again! By the way, you won't get any snickers from me--I just paid Unique 61.00!! LOL...it was from just last year and I didn't want to sit around waiting to dispute and all that garbage so I just paid it--I should've tried to compromise the reporting on my CR's, but oh well. :roll:

Elyse

Hi Elyse49,

Thanks for the welcome. The library just sent me a bill, and now Unique has resumed Collection activity. Think I'll pay them the measly $62, but I'm still going to threaten them that the bill proves that they are not the creditor and should still get the hell off my CR.

I'd send the library the payment along w/ the paystub and copy it and send it to Unique and let them know they ARE NOT the creditor and should immediately cease reporting negatively on your CR's. That's my idea anyway--although I'm sure someone else will have a better one! lol..

Elyse