Can I a letter to collection company

sar_1

I have some pd collections, had no luck with the CRA, now I just want to know if it is ok to send, a letter to the collection company listing the account.

When I paid the collection they were with another company, they have changed names and list them on my report, So I was going to ask them to send me some information showing this to be mine and that I owed the creditor listed now.

If not ask them to deleate.

Thanks

Let me see if I have this.

You paid the CA when they collected the debt for Company A. The matter was paid in full and closed. Later, you disputed the collection entries with the CRAs and they (the CA) updated the information to show the name for Company B. Is that what happened?

yes they were paid , then the cra is showing the listing under a different company name, I guess they were bought out.

The account numbers as I can see are the same, the collection company are the same. So that is why I was wondering if I can write to the collection compay and tell them that I never owed the current company listed any money, or paid them.

Thanks

Technically then, they are violating the FCRA by reporting incorrect information.

Read section 623. Responsibilities of furnishers of information to consumer reporting agencies of the FCRA.

Best bet would be to file complaints against them with the FTC and the Attorney General for the state they are located in. The idea is to keep the upper hand in this situation and call them out on the violation - demand immediate deletion of the entries.

Thank you for all your help Doc Don, Should I file the complaints or should I write the collection company's telling them they are violating the FCRA first.

I do have the copies of my credit report that has the original creditor listed on it and then the new ones that show the listing with the new company's name if they tell me that I am wrong.

Thanks