rant and rave citibank!!

kiloecho

On another note. On my credit report said my utilization was to high, so I paid off 10k in debt. Did my score increase? NOOOO. What a crock. I make 85+ a year, I only have a car payment and a credit card totalling 750/mo and I can't get my scores over 700. I have a long credit history 13+ years. What gives???? The scores hover between 670-697. What can I do to get my scores up??

I have a lord&Taylor (zero balance) and a Dillards (minimal balance) and an AM EX (pay in full every month). I have tried to reduce my revolving debt but I know deep down that this scoring system is designed to keep you in some sort of debt. I get credit card solicitations a lot for regular cards, maybe I should apply to another card...

I understand your frustration but you've got to look at this from a cold hard perspective. Just like they do.

So, what's wrong with this picture? You've already discovered utilization was hurting you and have taken measures to correct that. Credit cards and FICO like to see you pay off balances too. Since it appears you can qualify for other prime cards take up someones offer of a BT, preferably at 0%. Get something good like Discover Platinum or some other rewards card. Might as well make it worth your while in some way. Be careful that you don't BT the entire amount since that will hurt you credit wise. Leave a little behind and send a check to pay that off.

You also have some cc's that you don't use so start using them, a little. Just for show.

Look to see who has your auto loan. Bank or finance company? Makes a big difference FICO wise. Is the TL reporting on all three CB's?

You make good money, do you have a brokerage account? Does the broker offer a cc?

Be choosy about the credit card offers. Go for only prime cards as this is also taken account in the FICO score.

Good Luck, I know you'll crack 700.