EQ New stall tactic

I have been dealing with these idiots for over 6 months and could really use some advice. EQ keeps sending me a letter requesting verification of my address and SS#...problem is, I send it with every correspondence in anticipation of their request. And yes, I send it CRRR

So, they have never started an investigation for over 6 months!!!

I am losing my patience, should I just send an intent to sue at this point?

If so, are there any sample ITS on the board?

Thanks,

jerry

YES, that's a stall tactic with EQ.

Send a copy of all your letters you've sent them, along with copies of the cert mail and return receipts and DEMAND they delete everything you've disputed.

Do NOT respond to anymore ID requests....if they didn't have your ID, they wouldn't send you stuff in the mail. They're just seeing how long they can drag it out.

Keep track of everything. Then sue them if you have to. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, first off, I never respond to their request for ID. I provide all that information every time I send them correspondence. I just got off the phone with them and they claim there were 2 investigations done that verified the information...but, they never notified me of this. When I asked how this information was verified she gave me the address and phone number of this out of business CCC...I called and it's an out of service phone number...what a surprise. I am now on hold waiting for a supervisor, we'll see how far I get with them. Oh, and I also send them documentation from the court that they had no proof this was ever my card.

I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Oh boy, am I ticked and frustrated. Here's what I was told...Equifax does not accept court documents as supporting informaion. So basically, they dont accept any supporting information for my side of the story. They send a investigation request via electronic tape to the creditor and wait for them to send back verification. So, they basically continue to verify the same incorrect information. Especially in this case since Nextcard is out of business. So, why send supporting information if they dont even consider it.

Does anyone have any ideas as to who I can contact?

I am so frustrated I cant tell you. What do I do next????

Jerry

Not sure why they keep asking for supporting docs when they never accept them. Idiots.

A number of Nextcard accounts were sold to Merrick Bank in Utah. Since the CRA's play no 'active' role in the information supplied to them (ie: they update what they're told), they may be the ones to contact.

If you find they've been updating with a non-existant creditor (ie: telling you Nextcard verified). It's time to file a lawsuit against EQ since it's obvious they never handled your dispute properly - a rep probably just updated as they saw fit.

Essentially that's what they're telling me, that Nextcard verified. They have no idea they are out of business and provided me with phone #'s not in service and an address that gets bounced back to me.

It may be time to sue, but how do I get this false information of my credit report...that's the bottom line for me.

An here's another winnner. One of the reps told me that it was the FCRA that proibits them from accepting court documents. I have not been able to find that in the FCRA and he couldnt provide it.

Have you been pulling reports on-line? Have you gone to EQ's web-site to pull a report and been successful? You need to go on-line and have a single (not a tri-merge) EQ report mailed to you (see if you can get it from EQ's site). Get one about every 4 weeks until you have at least 3. In the meantime, keep fighting with EQ directly by mail. When you get your 3rd EQ credit report mailed to you via an on-line service (preferrably EQ) you have them.

File suit in federal for refusing to investigate disputes etc, non-permissible purpose and unlawful disclosure. It's a quick settlement.