Update, but how long to report?

Anonymous

I disputed a car repo that was reported as a credit card charge off with a 11,800 balance. Eq left the cc charge off and added the repo...yikes!!! So then I disputed the credit card charge off again, on grounds that it was a duplicate entry...

Well I got my results in the mail today, and they said, This item has been deleted from the credit file, the repo, installment account...yeepee! So I pulled my cr and the cc co's reports 0, but the repo is still on there. How long does it take for the credit report to update new information?

I'm hoping for total deletion here :roll:

Thanks again for all the support on this board!

V

Sound like you too are victim EQ's screwed up system. They'll say the item has been deleted or "no longer reporting", and it still shows on your reports.

Some people have had luck calling them and the matter was taken care of, some did via letter (although it took me three times).

Thanks DocDon,

I'll call them on Monday, are they suppose to reflect this update now?

Meaning it should have been updated and just wasn't?

Also got a CA Co deleted on Eq , yeah, bond collectors of largo.

V

6-2004 7-2004

Eq 567- 571

exp 571 pending

tu 492 pending -wasn't reporting 2 cap one cc for 18 months of TL.

It's already "deleted" - this is a major glitch in EQ's system that they refuse to address.

I kid you not, they sent me the results and the new credit report - it said "item has been deleted from file". It was still there.

I sent them back a copy of my updated report and the results showing it was to be deleted. They sent me back the form-letter that said "item currently not reporting", and an updated credit report. It was still there.

It was finally deleted after the third letter. This problem has yet to be corrected on their end - first, they have to acknowledge the problem (of course, there isn't one).

Hi DocDon,

I saw on another post that you use Cap One Auto to finance your car.

If the repo does get deleted from eq cr that would push my scores way up, so my question is would it be a good idea to apply for a loan through Cap One just in case they(cra's) reinsert the repo, as we all know is a chance. The repo is also in dispute with EXP which I believe Cap One pulls.

I'm getting a mortgage in about 5 months also, but I think that is far enough away to get a TL auto, which might help scores.

Thanks,

V

The only reason I went with Cap1 is because they gave me the best rate out of the group that offered "pre-approvals" (I went to LendingTree). Their customer service is nothing to write home about.

I've heard some good things about Household - Morrow would know more about it.

A new tradeline may cause your scores to drop. Maybe buying a cheap car for cash (point A to point B type deal) and waiting until you get into your new home would be the better.

Let's say you get a car - a drop in your score may be significant enough to get you a higher rate. Not only that, your car payments will be factored in as well - another thing working against you.

If you move into a home with instant equity, you may be able to use that line of credit for a car - at an APR much lower than most lenders will give you.

Hi DocDon,

Well I called EQ today, after being all excited about the delete on the repo, the OC recalled their decision and decided that it not be deleted.

Oh well, I told EQ rep that one or the other of the duplicates has to come off my report, the CC CO or the Repo CO.

These OC's love to screw up our reports don't they! MBNA has done the same thing to my EQ and TU, by falsely duplicating....

I paided cash for a Tahoe about a year ago, so I'm o.k. on the car situation just wanted a new car, it can wait til after the house closing.

Thanks,

V