Sign in to follow this  
marquez305

Any Pay for Delete Success Stories out there?

If anyone has successfully paid for deletion, I would love to hear your story. The only bad stuff left on my reports is 4 medical collections. They have all validated (I didn't use HIPPA, because I didn't read about it until after they validated). It only adds up to about $1000 so I am trying to get them to delete for payment, but so far they are just ignoring me. Thanks!

I am going to add to this, Doc. Even though I had disputed some Medical debts before reading HIPPAA, I still used the letters in getting things deleted. True, the ones we were not liable for were automatic and the letter was unnecessary, but, I did send it anyway. As to the others, which I had refused to pay until the problem was resolved, I included the letter for each one and mentioned only that they meet the criteria for a HIPPAA violation. Since the CA seldom or never contacts the OC on a dispute through the CRA, the OC has no knowledge of this so does not argue. Remember, it is still so new that many are leery of it and do not wish to chance getting fined, so will delete as it is less hassle. I'm not saying this will always work, but, it might.

For those reasons, if your letter does not work, I would say send the HIPPAA with the proper insert and full payment of services only, no interest, of course, and see what happens.

Nice addition retmar. There are many ways to go about it, and one should take full advantage of all avenues. Since the goal is deletion, heck, send everyone a letter. I've always had luck going directly with the creditor, so that tends to be first in my arsenal...