admin

New debt validation flowchart

Exactly right divemedic! krelza, developing a good paper trail to document that you have gone above and beyond in your attempts to get a debt validated ALWAYS looks good if you end up having file complaints or have to sue. I've gone as many as 3 DV's and then filed complaints with Att'y Generals, etc. Got my deletes without having to go to court, and since I'm only interested in clean credit reports I acheived my goal.

By the way, kristy, great job on that flow chart! Wish I'd had that way back when! :D

I find it hard to believe that you didn't find information on sending a dispute letter to the CRAs. 90% of the threads discuss that very topic. :?

All you have to do is dispute the entries. There is no legal jargon or official letter to do this. Simply, dispute the entries (never late, not 30 days late on xx/xxxx, balance should be $xxx, do not recognize this creditor, etc). You can send them via USPS, or do it online.

:)%

One question....you send the DV, when you get the card back, you dispute it with the CRA. I understand disputing something in the entry rather than "not mine", but if I say "the balance is inaccurate" isn't that admitting the account IS yours? Could this come back to haunt you? Can you say something like "I do not recall an account at this balance" instead? (I'm no good at wording, any suggestions are welcome)

I rec'd my green card in the mail from the CA. The OC was Wachovia on my CR (this OC was due to come off in 4/06according to last years Experian report). I disputed this thru Experian again.

Question is: How long can the CA ignore the validation request. I dont' care if it takes a few months, but I do want it deleted b/c I plan on buying a house next year.

Experian deleted the OC Wachovia acct. on their own, b/c I know I didn't request an investigation into this acct since it was to come off in 4/06 anyway. I am assuming they must have tried to verify it on their own and couldn't.

Also, can the CA keep this on my report after 4/06 since the OC collection report date was to come off then. I have my CR from 2002 & 2004 & 2005: each report from the CA has different balances owed, different original credit limits, different dates opened, etc. all for the same Wachovia acct. acct was sold by Wachovia in 8/99. CR in 9/05 documented it as a mortgage and I disputed this b/c don't have one. They have updated again and changed most of the data again.

What can I do, if anything?

Any info. is appreciated.

Thanks,

I agree. The only thing I would appreciate is a cleaner credit report.

I have 2 DV's right now. I am hesitant to say I never looked at my credit report until after it was too late, years after a divorce but still lingering on my credit report. Things that were just not correct.

I have DVs past thirty days, sent 2nd letter of DV or asked them to remove the list from my CR.

Can I forward both of those letters, green cards to the CRA and ask that the items be removed?

Thank you...

hi, i cant seem to print this for my refrence, could you paste it in hotmail form, or email it to me.

Try hitting your PrintScreen key (near your numpad / near F12) then open a Paint program or MS Word and hit ctrl-V to paste it. You can resize it if it's too small or crop it to remove the excess.

I am new to this site and saw yoru flow chart. If I dispute a non collection item with the CRA and it comes back verified. Do I demand method of verification to get them to prove to me how they verified it? I read in the good credit is sexy paperwork that you can dispute even correctly reported items with the hope of the CRA changing to your request (ie 0 x 30-60-90). How would you apply your flow chart to non collection agency tradelines?

When you ask questions specific to your situation in a thread that has nothing to do with you, or you ask a question in a thread that has nothing to do with the topic at hand, it is called highjacking a thread.

Highjacking is poor netiquette. Try posting your own thread.

I loved the chart-thank you very much it's very helpful. However, I too would like to see some sample letters for DV and disputing CAs and CRAs. Does anyone have some?:)++

Thank you so much for this info!-I'm disputing debts that are 4 or 5 years old-my state's SOL is 7 years- and I wasn't sure if I could because of the 30 day thing.

I loved the chart-thank you very much it's very helpful. However, I too would like to see some sample letters for DV and disputing CAs and CRAs. Does anyone have some?:)++

There is a series of links at the very top of this forum. One of them says "Sample Letters."

Guest Pasia7thsignC

You guys are like psychics..

I was all confused about where I should start and "POOOF" there goes my answer. Now you know I have to print out Admin diagram and put it in a frame... Thank you Thank you!!!!::allhail::

P.S. Yes.. I am a visual learner :banana:

Thank you ADMIN you are a life saver. I have beent rying to figure out the first step that I needed to take and who I should have been DV-ing first the CRA or CA.

Since I am audio visual learner you have made my day.

Thanks

Excellent way to show how to handle all this mess.

I just printed it for reference!

This is probably a stupid question but would a credit card company and collections company be the same thing on this flow chart.

This has helped me out beyond belief, Thank you for all your hard work on this.

I posted another question on a different thread asking the

30 day question-I wish I would have noticed this first....I am catching on though = ).

SO, if the CA "assumes the debt is valid" b/c I didnt respond, are they still required to validate the debt? Is there any type of law they have that would allow them to not validate the debt??

Thanks!!